"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Colorado? How much experience do they have? And doesn't that boat look small for trans Pacific sailing? And they're 24 & 26 and already tired of the rat race?

:rolleyes:

Unfortunately, the stupid won't hurt because they've been gifted over $13K to continue the insanity
    The ocean is a big place, they’ll go missing soon enough. I wonder how all those kind hearted folks (with apparently more money than sense) will feel after these two dopes are swallowed by the sea.....I feel sorry for the dog, it has no say in the matter.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Colorado? How much experience do they have? And doesn't that boat look small for trans Pacific sailing? And they're 24 & 26 and already tired of the rat race?

Unfortunately, the stupid won't hurt because they've been gifted over $13K to continue the insanity

24 and 26....and tired of working.

The future is going to be a difficult, though apparently interesting, place for these two.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area

It was only a 28' boat. They got it for 5 grand and spent another 5 grand on it. That thing had to have been a piece of junk.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

I guess they didn't know there is such a thing as boat insurance?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/couple-quit-jobs-sold-belongings-102322009.html
    Two days later, the Lagniappe had sunk. The boat remains in the water, and the coast guard has told the couple it could cost up to $10,000 to remove and store it. They only have $90.

Oh. I guess that explains it.
    Like people that buy cars and forget they have to fix broken things. Tires, windows, oil changes, etc.

NINETY DOLLARS!!!!!!!
    WTF?
    What were they going to do for... food, clothing, boat repairs, dock and port fees, etc.?

Up until that point, the couple had no sailing experience, so they spent the next few months learning from Mr Broadwell’s father. It was only this month that they decided they were ready, and were given a grand send-off by friends in Tarpon Springs.

A few months, eh?
    How did that work for you?
    Oh wait, I guess we know.
    I know it's not a nuclear powered submarine. But I think maybe "a few months" may have been insufficient.

Not to mention, it reminds me of a quote..
    Smooth seas do not make skilled sailors.
    I wonder if they understand what this means, or if it would confuse them?

While sailing through the popular tourist site, the bottom of their boat struck an unseen object underwater and quickly started to take on water, forcing them to evacuate.
    Underwater thing, that may have been on a map? You know, the kind a SAILOR would know how to read.

“I’m not going to give up now,” Mr Broadwell said. “I’m going to get another boat down the road.”
    I don't know. It looks like either God or Mother Nature gave you a free pass on your stupidity.
    Maybe you shouldn't stretch their patience.
    I guess if they were in the middle of the ocean, they'd be safe from striking stuff, but losing your boat in the Mediterranean may be a bit of a problem with only $90.

Jeez.
    There's so much stupidity in this, I've actually tired out my ability to knock someone.
    I guess I'm getting old.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom