"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    BTDT... Maybe they could bring it back?

iu

Indeed. Minimal electronics for the win.

7A5hklL.png

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Years ago I saw a silver 427 Cobra in Indianapolis on the street and the license plate said "REAL". It was at the Formula 1 race so it had to be 2000 or 2001.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

A girl on Facebook mentioned that since men can get multiple women pregnant, it would make more sense for the men to have the birth control, not the women.
    She brought some numbers out about how he can impregnate so many a week, and in a year it would be some astronomical number. Or something like that. I kinda started to fall asleep before I got to the end of the paragraph.
    I replied back, women take the birth control, because she's the one to get pregnant. If the man lies, then all those women will be pregnant.
    Having male birth control, is like only letting the criminals hold the guns. It aint gonna work.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    A girl on Facebook mentioned that since men can get multiple women pregnant, it would make more sense for the men to have the birth control, not the women.
    She brought some numbers out about how he can impregnate so many a week, and in a year it would be some astronomical number. Or something like that. I kinda started to fall asleep before I got to the end of the paragraph.
    I replied back, women take the birth control, because she's the one to get pregnant. If the man lies, then all those women will be pregnant.
    Having male birth control, is like only letting the criminals hold the guns. It aint gonna work.

If it ain't visually verifiable, it ain't gonna work. When the moment draws near, men go lizard-brain and lies and assurances run rampant. That's just the way it is.

"Do you want to get pregnant? 'Cause trusting what a man says when he is in a discernibly turgid state is how you get pregnant."

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

So where is this mythological baby-making man? Her argument falls apart when it assumes that the number of sexually active men greatly exceeds that of women. If the numbers are the same, then at least 50% needs effective birth control - pretty much either all men or all women. If you want to make the entire society shift to the men, that's a big deal. As to this needle in the junk - it sounds pretty involved to basically plug up the pipes with epoxy. It's sounds like a pseudo-temporary vasectomy.

A man has a financial incentive to not be makin' so many babies all over town - child support is expensive. Plus, one shot, then think of all the money you can save not buying condoms!

And if you can't trust your partner when it comes to birth control disclosure, then maybe you shouldn't be having sex with them.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If it ain't visually verifiable, it ain't gonna work. When the moment draws near, men go lizard-brain and lies and assurances run rampant. That's just the way it is.

"Do you want to get pregnant? 'Cause trusting what a man says when he is in a discernibly turgid state is how you get pregnant."

That sounds meme worthy.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    When in law school, did you ever work "discernibly turgid state" into a pick up line?

I'm sure it'd drive the ladies crazy.:cool:

Sure did...and I used the term "Model Penis Code" more than once.

...my wife of 3 years (at the time) let me stick around nonetheless.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom