"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    How long before GPS tracking for new cars is mandatory from the .gov? 2030?
    Pretty much every new vehicle coming out has some sort of GPS capability.
    Just think of all the "safety concerns" the .gov could be keeping an eye on remotely, speeding, seatbelts... etc.
    I can see a time where you can't legally drive on a public roadway (get plates) without GPS tracking enabled.
    Much like cameras, you have no expectation of privacy in public.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Just think of all the "safety concerns" the .gov could be keeping an eye on remotely, speeding, seatbelts... etc.
    I can see a time where you can't legally drive on a public roadway (get plates) without GPS tracking enabled.

A couple States have been discussing using GPS for a "mileage tax".

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota

60 minutes did a segment showing where a new car could be "taken over" with a laptop and controlled. Someone could literally drive your car off a cliff with you in it.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Car dealers have been explaining to new buyers that their cars can be shut off remotely, locked, etc.

Now's the time for a new car manufacturer to enter the market with minimal electronics.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Car dealers have been explaining to new buyers that their cars can be shut off remotely, locked, etc.

Now's the time for a new car manufacturer to enter the market with minimal electronics.
    I have been w/o a daily driver for several years, and have been looking at "new" vehicles. For the $$$, I am seriously tempted to buy a restored Jeep of some sort. Manual EVERYTHING, and a fraction of the cost. I really have no interest in a majority of the wiz-bang features. Saw an ad on TV hawking a vehicles bluetooth and LED mood lights. I mean, seriously. I want crank windows.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    60 minutes did a segment showing where a new car could be "taken over" with a laptop and controlled. Someone could literally drive your car off a cliff with you in it.

3gv35x.jpg
    [/url]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/IMG]

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have been w/o a daily driver for several years, and have been looking at "new" vehicles. For the $$$, I am seriously tempted to buy a restored Jeep of some sort. Manual EVERYTHING, and a fraction of the cost. I really have no interest in a majority of the wiz-bang features. Saw an ad on TV hawking a vehicles bluetooth and LED mood lights. I mean, seriously. I want crank windows.

I am with you there my friend. I just want a fun car with AM/FM radio as the only option.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I don't understand how some people in our society can bash military service members for doing their jobs.

Kinda like how some people bashed Chris Kyle for shooting enemies. Or spec ops for roughing up terrorists to get information. Questioning the loyalty of people who've sacrificed themselves in dedication for our country, including spilling their blood, is just despicable.

Some service members might get carried away in their zeal to protect and advance our national interests, but their loyalty is pretty clear. Their actions might cross lines, but their dedication is often already proven.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    OMG, I remember one day I was delivering to a bar on the southside of Indy back when these relics roamed the roads.
    I pulled in behind the business just behind and to the side of the Yugo, set the airbrakes and the left front fender just FELL OFF and onto the ground.

The young female bartender who had just purchased it as her 1st new car only 3 hours prior was told later on that 90% of the bolts was only hand tightened
    when they started checking everything out.

Every time I see the movie Gung Ho. or any movie Michael Keaton is in, I am reminded of this event.

BTDT... Maybe they could bring it back?
    iu

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    [video=youtube;pz2eCFoafXk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz2eCFoafXk[/video]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom