"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    10 year old boy charged with aggravated assault...
    3 months after the fact...
    for hitting another kid in the face...
    with a ball...
    while playing dodge ball at school.

AND... the parents of the other kid KNEW he had a condition that made it easy for him to get head injuries, but still let the kid play games like dodge ball.

https://tribunist.com/news/ten-year...R_9PW4lcG5Iy-PSqKizx9RG77jfNEMSlChU97-zcakUF8

I just heard about this and posted another link in the Insane Social Justice thread over in Gen Pol. Couldn't believe it when I heard it on the news this morning.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    clear case of, stupid hurts.

Just a couple of thoughts. First, maybe the cop should have shut the siren off. Second, tasered the old woman ? Really ? Didn’t appear she was that big a threat. Maybe he ought to take some ground fighting classes. Surprised he didn’t call for back up and get 10 of his buddies to come and help him.

Perhaps a little discretionary judgement would have diffused the situation. Granted the old biddy was out of line BUT - is refusal to sign ticket a jailable offense ?

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Just a couple of thoughts. First, maybe the cop should have shut the siren off. Second, tasered the old woman ? Really ? Didn’t appear she was that big a threat. Maybe he ought to take some ground fighting classes. Surprised he didn’t call for back up and get 10 of his buddies to come and help him.

Perhaps a little discretionary judgement would have diffused the situation. Granted the old biddy was out of line BUT - is refusal to sign ticket a jailable offense ?

In some places just a ticket is enough reason to bring you to the station to post bond. Was this way in Illinois and Wisconsin, not sure about Indiana. The real jailable offense came when he told her she was under arrest and she did not do as ordered, resisting arrest. And then when she fled the scene, that is a felony in most places. As far as tasering her, he already tried hands on and she was resisting with force. Should he have beat the **** out of her? Dislocate a shoulder? Tasing is by far the easiest on the person that does not comply.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    FYI: Crossposted.

The only thing that would have been better if he broke the window, or she would have been screaming "I do not consent!"

The details say broken tail light, but it sounds more like an expired plate from the conversation (how did he know the duration of time?).

As a person whose OCD flares up when seeing an expired plate, watching this is satisfying.

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/cambridge-student-fell-her-death-120600587.html
    A Cambridge student fell to her death after forcing a plane door open above Madagascar, police say

At first, I was thinking. .
    She's not too smart.
    Or, silly young adult that needs mommy to raise her.

But, reading comments, one pointed out that malarial drugs can have symptoms that would cause this.
    So, now I wonder if she was having a bad reaction to the medicine.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    8th Cir.: Handcuffing a 7-year-old who had disrupted his second-grade class after he was teased and then cried rather than go to the principal's office was not excessive force. Also, leaving him in cuffs in the principal's office was "a reasonable course of action."

EA5xwTkX4AUBDSe

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    8th Cir.: Handcuffing a 7-year-old who had disrupted his second-grade class after he was teased and then cried rather than go to the principal's office was not excessive force. Also, leaving him in cuffs in the principal's office was "a reasonable course of action."

As the husband of a teacher, I only wish this was more common. Kids are *******s in class because they know there's no punishment.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    As the husband of a teacher, I only wish this was more common. Kids are *******s in class because they know there's no punishment.

I have a teacher that works for me in the summer. She works inner city, poor school. The stories she tells, that she is not allowed to tell, are disturbing. Police are not notified of guns brought to school, knives etc. Her purse was taken during parent teacher conferences and it was the father of one of her students. The only time an 'incident' was reported was when one of the 'children' brought in their parents drugs and a few were consuming them and had to go to the hospital. And, the best (worst) part, she teaches 2nd grade.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011

Apparently you have never broken up a chick fight. Did you know some of them sharpen their nails. :nailbite:

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Does not like white people in his hood?
    In the darker hoods the white people are usually protected, by the thugs, because they are only there to buy drugs.
    AND, nobody wants to interrupt the cash flow from the burbs........

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana

My outsider's opinion is that Tasering her was probably the best way to get her to comply without actually hurting her. Had that struggle continued, I can see potential for injury on her part. The second Tasering got her attention.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom