"Are you kidding me?" / Facepalm Thread (pt 2)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My ancestors where a bunch of Quakers. So, on one hand they skipped out on the war, but on the other hand, were abolitionist.

And they're Quakers, not Shakers, so I don't even get well built furniture.

:(

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Appeals Court Overturns Judge’s Ruling Forcing Mentally Disabled Woman to Have Abortion

https://www.lifenews.com/2019/06/24...ing-mentally-disabled-woman-to-have-abortion/
    He also said that the judge had “no proper evidence” to show that allowing the pregnancy to continue would put the woman’s life or long-term health at grave risk.

“The applicants have failed to carry out a proper best interests analysis,” he said.“Their evidence is premised on a narrow clinical view. The application must be dismissed.”

So, social workers and such disagree, but let's listen to doctors.
    Geez.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    what the actual ****

D93n2TjWwAA0elD.jpg:large

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Hough, you have been rather contrarian of late. Have you gone over to the Kutside?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Hough, you have been rather contrarian of late. Have you gone over to the Kutside?

If by "contrarian" you mean "objective"...hopefully it's not a new development.

I have grown weary of sensationalism and the internet dog pile. I like to get angry only if there is really a good reason to.

Politically, I am as conservative as always, if not moreso, but I prefer our arguments to be based upon truth rather than incitement.

....so no, I'm not being contrary just to be contrary. To the extent I'm being contrary, hopefully, it's to keep "our side" honest. We're better than the leftists, aren't we? Shouldn't we be? Our ideas and beliefs are better. They promote self-reliance, independence and fulfillment. If that's the case, we don't need cheap emotional manipulation.

Geez, am I sounding like an old man.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    If by "contrarian" you mean "objective"...hopefully it's not a new development.

I have grown weary of sensationalism and the internet dog pile. I like to get angry only if there is really a good reason to.

Politically, I am as conservative as always, if not moreso, but I prefer our arguments to be based upon truth rather than incitement.

....so no, I'm not being contrary just to be contrary. To the extent I'm being contrary, hopefully, it's to keep "our side" honest. We're better than the leftists, aren't we? Shouldn't we be? Our ideas and beliefs are better. They promote self-reliance, independence and fulfillment. If that's the case, we don't need cheap emotional manipulation.

Geez, am I sounding like an old man.

Eloquently said, but I'm of the opinion the ***** needs the **** knocked out of her.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

"But you eventually become desensitized to it. Like, oh, your house got SWAT-ted. You got a call from the police saying someone said that everyone in your family had been killed and that you are being held hostage for $100,000. Right? That becomes part of daily life," he said. "It’s just something that you have to get through. But I mean, what am I going to do? Stop?"

Um, getting SWAT-ed [sic], is not the same as an assassination attempt. I sense some Brian Williams-esque memes coming out of this.

I had someone with a Hispanic last name (from the caller id) call me 3 times today. (Wrong number - or was it something more sinister??). My god! Those could have been assassination attempts! :runaway:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Not that I think she's a good parent, but that ain't "waterboarding" or anything close.

It's pouring a couple of tablespoons of water on the side of the head of an infant. Not good...but not waterboarding.

Are you telling g us that there is a difference between stupid and sinister?

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Jeez....
    Assassination Attempts?
    If someone wanted him dead, he would be dead. A 5 year old girl can take him out. But I'd use a 6 year old girl just to be safe. :yesway:

Sounds like he's not getting enough attention lately.....again. Apparently staying relevant is an important game for these morons.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Jeez....
    Assassination Attempts?
    If someone wanted him dead, he would be dead. A 5 year old girl can take him out. But I'd use a 6 year old girl just to be safe. :yesway:

Sounds like he's not getting enough attention lately.....again. Apparently staying relevant is an important game for these morons.
    If only he'd actually been at the school that day, he might have gotten his wish. Instead, he decided to become an activist.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    He said that if someone were to kill him because of his efforts to curb gun violence, it would most likely be "the stupidest thing they could do to try to end the movement. Because that would make it even more successful in the end. Because it would invigorate us and create f---ing change."

Unless he was stabbed.
    Or blunt object.
    Or hit with a car.

Oh. THAT'S RIGHT. It DOESN'T HAVE TO BE a gun.
    Duh!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom