Are you a pilot? Show me the coolest thing you've flown.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    A month ago I got some stick time in my friend's T28C trojan. Before that I got a little time flying the AirCam that I helped him build last summer.

about 15 years ago, I did avionics work for a living for 8 years in the Air Capital and often we'd take them around the patch to verify things were working. Got some time in all kinds of Cessna, Beech, Piper, Maule, DeHavilland, Bell, Mooney, TBM, Pilatus, etc, etc etc...

We leased part of our hangar to a warbird restoration business as well and that got me some time in a Waco, T6, Zero (actually a T-6 converted into a zero for the movie Tora Tora Tora), B24, DC3, Beech18, etc etc etc.

Also, one of my fellow engineering students worked the late shift at Flight Safety and during down times I'd get to help him out with testing & calibration setups. Their Citation10 was their first full-daylight full-motion sim and in that thing, you could give it full power with thrust-reversers on and start backing down the runway. With enough speed, you push the nose forward and actually take off backwards! Then, once you got to about 500 feet, you could dump the reversers, drop the nose and kick it full to one side with full power and catch it before it stalled, effectively doing a J-turn in a citation 10!

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    Gotta love ICT!

Love is a bit of a strong word... Love the area in November when the pheasants are flying and mulies are rutting, but the rest of the time...

I guess there's something to be said for the ability to rotate or land at 35 knots while your ground speed is zero and your wheels aren't actually turning. Or the ability to fly over your house backwards in a C152 due to the 50mph "breeze".

ICT's fine but I preferred landing at Benton (grab some burgers are the antique mall), Dead Cow International (aka Wesport), or Salina (checking out the old Constellation, 3 or 4 takeoffs and landings on the runway without reaching the end, and flying outside the Smokey Hill gunnery range MOA while they were lighting it up from the ground or straffing it with A-10's).

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    My photos are on another computer, but no reason to post pictures - everyone has seen a Cessna 152 and a Cherokee 140! I haven't flown in a year though - my wife got into Dave Ramsey, we made a budget, and the budget says we can't afford for me to fly. :( Can't have everything you want...

My dad was a private pilot and he had a stinson when I was a young teenager, which he let me fly around. He has since sold it.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Pick a spot.

Love is a bit of a strong word... Love the area in November when the pheasants are flying and mulies are rutting, but the rest of the time...

I guess there's something to be said for the ability to rotate or land at 35 knots while your ground speed is zero and your wheels aren't actually turning. Or the ability to fly over your house backwards in a C152 due to the 50mph "breeze".

ICT's fine but I preferred landing at Benton (grab some burgers are the antique mall), Dead Cow International (aka Wesport), or Salina (checking out the old Constellation, 3 or 4 takeoffs and landings on the runway without reaching the end, and flying outside the Smokey Hill gunnery range MOA while they were lighting it up from the ground or straffing it with A-10's).

Sorry it took so long to reply. There is also much to be said for FLAT! Just ask some of the guys who flew some of George P's mistakes out of Lock Haven. There are still tons of aluminum scattered all over, "them thar hills"! :)

Top Bottom