Are you a pilot? Show me the coolest thing you've flown.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    F-117_Nighthawk_Front.jpg

I used to play Ace Combat on my PS2 back in the day...

THAT GAME WAS SO COOL!!!!!

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    I haven't flown a lot, but I've flown a couple of cool things. This is a pair of SIAI Marchetti SF-260 light attack fighters I got to learn some basic dogfighting in. My instructor (in the right seat, not visible) was a Marine Harrier pilot. That's me in the left seat looking at my opponent. The big black thing on the panel is a sun shield for the gun cam video monitor. If you look closely, you can see that I had forgotten to completely buckle my 'chute harness... oops! :): (Don't worry, I fixed it before we took off!)

I also spent some stick time in a Waco bi-plane that looked like this. I don't have a pic of the actual one I flew, but the paint job on the left-hand one is identical, so there's every possibility that it's the same aircraft:

AIR COMBAT USA !!! Yeah Scutter that must have been cool as heck. I gave my son for his 16th birthday a day with these guys and he had a ball!!! Loved the video afterward as well as watching him walk across the ramp afterwards pale as a ghost, and grinning from ear to ear..
    10 years later, and he still says that was the best birthday present he ever received.

Im very jealous tho, because I was about 20 lbs more in the gravity department than they were willing to accept... Still have it too!

As for flight times. Cessna 210's about 1100 hours, Beech Baron's 300,
    Cessna 414 and 421's and a little time in a Shrike Commander.

Coolest was simple aerobatic training in a Citabria. (once I was able to "put it on and wear it!"

Never flown a V-22, Stealth, or a B-747, but I did stay last night in a Holiday Inn Express!!! :)

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    AIR COMBAT USA !!! Yeah Scutter that must have been cool as heck. I gave my son for his 16th birthday a day with these guys and he had a ball!!! Loved the video afterward as well as watching him walk across the ramp afterwards pale as a ghost, and grinning from ear to ear..
    10 years later, and he still says that was the best birthday present he ever received.

It was extremely awesome. As I said, I don't have a lot of flight time, but since I did have experience I was allowed to man all of the controls the whole time. Normally your instructor will fly in and out of the game area, as well as manipulate the throttle during the game (normally, the student just operates the yoke and nothing else). IIRC, the only thing he did was man the radio.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I have flown a Piper Cherokee 140
    0374214.jpg

A piper Arrow

13228446.jpg

A piper Tomahawk

1018075.jpg

a Piper warrior

aero_IGD.php

A Beach Sport

16582177-vi.jpg

A Bellanca Citabria

05269491-vi.jpg

and a Cessna 182

82798996-vi.jpg

And a Bell Jet ranger!

scan0001-3.jpg

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Back in 2002 when I had two planes. I had to sell this one to pay for the engine overhaul for the other (Piper Comanche). But nothing beats low and slow! This pic was taken at the farm on Feb 17 2002, 50º that day. Landed in the bean fields regularly.

Piper Cub:
    cub.jpg

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Alas the closest I've come is flying the A-10 Warthog in a Tank killer in a Flight sim. But I'd almost give a vital piece of my anatomy to fly in one and shoot that Big Fraking Cannon! I've been told It will actually slow down the aircraft when fired! Just something about flying and aircraft the was literally built around a cannon!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm always happy to see a Herc, but this thread is to talk about the coolest thing you've flown.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Not a pilot but the coolest thing I've flown IN was the C5 Galaxy. So big you could park a DC-10 under each wing and keep them dry.
    I remember seeing a tank in the cargo bay as I climbed the ladder to the upper deck. I heard it can carry multiple helicopers also. The seating was interesting as we faced backwards during flight.

picture.php

Top Bottom