• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    This thread makes me laff.

*says one who shuns Apple products because A) the computers are too expensive and B) all the other crap they sell is completely and unnecessary for my life and lifestyle.

-J-

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    This morning I started tabulating when there were 75 posts in this thread. Then I got a call from my wife at work to go help them set up a new PC on their network. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I threw out 35 posts as "non-responsive," ambiguous, or vague.

Of the remaining 40, I (admittedly subjectively) classified 13 as Glock and Mac only. That's 32.5%.

Glock without a Mac was 17 posts, for 42.5%.

Non-Glockers with Macs had 9 posts, for 22.5%.

What's that prove? Probably (hell, almost certainly) nothing. My gut still tells me there's a corrolation... ;) I REALLY wish I'd made this a poll thread.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    I love Apple products ( not a fanboy ) I'm an actual power user, I've never owned a glock never plan on it. I own Sigs, H&K's and Kimbers :).

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    Of the remaining 40, I (admittedly subjectively) classified 13 as Glock and Mac only. That's 32.5%.

Glock without a Mac was 17 posts, for 42.5%.

Non-Glockers with Macs had 9 posts, for 22.5%.

What's that prove? Probably (hell, almost certainly) nothing. My gut still tells me there's a corrolation... ;) I REALLY wish I'd made this a poll thread.

The numbers above add up to 39. Further, with a sample that small, a change of +/-1 leads to a change of 2.5%.

Further, the Glock / non-mac group was larger than the Glock / Mac group. Never mind, a truly thorough analysis would require know the order the products were acquired.

But I digress. I have a Glock and a Mac. Actually I have owned 2 of each. I have also currently own 4 other non-glock firearms, have used PC's at work for my entire professional career and have built multiple PC's in the past.

I am also on my third Subaru and have 2 iPods.

You can draw whatever conclusions you want, but there is no correlation.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    I'll be the first to admit there's nothing scientific about this thread. Problems with every aspect of the sample, the (non) wording of the question... etc. Plus, I can't even count. :)

Still, with all the choices available for handguns and computers, it seems odd especially given the market share that Apple has in the computing space. Perhaps I have odd friends... actually, I'm sure that I do!

FWIW, I don't care what widget anyone uses.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Glock 27 here with no Apple computers. I have an iTouch but that is simply because every other mp3 player I've had is junk(I do HATE iTunes though).

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I like Apple's phone, and their laptops. Much prefer Windows 7 for a media center PC. And BSD on servers, as if there is any other OS it makes sense to put on a server.

Anyway, I carry a Glock and have a few in the safe. But then I am not sure there are a lot of major pistol brands I don't have at least one of.

rockydog

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Lake Wawasee Northern IN
    Apparently it's true! Glocksters gravitate to Macs (8,000,000 to 1 PC vs Macs in the world) and apparently they are all INGO members, but if you guys keep bragging about them the evil hackers/virus builders will start to target all 106 of the mac users in the USA and then where will you be? (cause everybody knows, Macs cost too much to fix) :):

Benjamin

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    I use an Apple computer but I'm mainly an H&K and Colt guy. I can understand where you're coming from since apple users tend to like simple well designed things that are easy to use but I'm just not a huge Glock fan.

Top Bottom