• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I shoot with maybe 20 people on a (semi) regular basis. Of those 20, 6 own only one firearm. Of those 6, 5 happen to be Glocks. All 5 of those people use/own Macs. I thought it was interesting, and a bit odd.

Are you suggesting a group-think, follower mentality? :)::):

I have several Apple computers, an iPad, an iPhone, an iPod, AND I drive a Subaru, AND I own a Glock. Where do I fit in?

Liberal sheep. :):

A Glock 17 is my bedside-vault gun. I've owned 4 other Glocks. I also have HK, Springfield, Ruger, Kel-Tec, mil-surplus Maks, S&W, Sigs, and a Colt.

I'm typing this from my Mac laptop and can see a Toshiba Netbook on my coffee table. There is a HP-Windows 7 in the hutch in the hearth room and at work I'm primarily working off of a MacPro with a W-XP VMWare shell. There is a HP desktop on my desk too running XP with CAD. I maintain a couple of Apple XSan environments along with Windows SANs - all with fiber channel connections and used as video storage arrays. I've got multiple non-linear video editing systems that roll along happily as Final Cut Pro Macs. Many, many more Windows-PCs. I just thank God that the last Silicon Graphics Irix-OS machine is gone from my domain.

Every tool has its purpose. Use the right one for the job. Agreed on one point... some folks just follow a group-think and buy what others do. They buy into a culture rather than buying into the virtues of a product: Harley, Apple and Volkswagen. They each have some positive attributes and some people make their decision because of well thought out investigation. Others? Not so much.

Apple makes many sound products as does Glock. I despised supporting Apple OSs up until OS-X and the adoption of a Unix base code. Now? I would rather deal with a OS-X than Windows-OS.

(Don't worry about the Glock. All of the cool kids on gun forums are moving away from Glock 19s to S&W M&Ps anyway.)

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Now you HAVE to cough up a pic :D
    I can't do that now. Someone gave me a negative rep for going the whole Gay Glocker Apple thing. What if I post that pic and get another negative rep?

Negative reps scare me, which is why I NEVER give them. I would say the whole rep thing is queer as hell (in a non sexual kind of queer, look it up) but I will keep my opinion to myself.

OK GF said I can post the pic but I have to state that she is thinner and more attractive now. Whatever, chics with guns are hot. For the record she uses Windows and shoots Glocks. Dude in the pic is old friend from South Dakota, Shotgun is mine rifle is his. I will go get the pics.

EDIT: Freakin funny, the GF just said the guys at work were talking sig's and giving her crap for using a 20 instead of 12 on sporting clays. She invited them to go shoot with us...........so I had to tell her we have a thread that is Glock, Apple/Windows, Sig, Gay and her butt came up in it. I am getting a weird look right now.

DSC01060.jpg

Careful where you put that hand Brother........
    DSC01036.jpg

Last edited:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I can't do that now. Someone gave me a negative rep for going the whole Gay Glocker Apple thing. What if I post that pic and get another negative rep?

Negative reps scare me, which is why I NEVER give them. I would say the whole rep thing is queer as hell (in a non sexual kind of queer, look it up) but I will keep my opinion to myself.

OK GF said I can post the pic but I have to state tha she is thinner and more attractive now. Whatever, chics with guns are hot. For the record she uses Windows and shoots Glocks. Dude in the pic is old freind from South Dakota, Shotgun is mine rifle is his. I will go get the pics

:popcorn::rockwoot::popcorn:

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    How can you have only one gun? I thought they were like Gremlins and multiplied automatically after feeding them. My first was a G21 and he asexually reproduced rather quickly.

Anyway, where's the pic?

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    (Don't worry about the Glock. All of the cool kids on gun forums are moving away from Glock 19s to S&W M&Ps anyway.)
    Jesus, I still shoot a 1950's Winchester M42 (Pre-PC computers of any kind). I gotta catch up. There was time when 1911 owners were considered sheep, now they are cool again.

Come to think of it, I owned Glocks before I even owned my first PC

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Okay, I'm guilty! I own a Glock and two Apple computers. But, I also own three PC's and other makes/models of handguns.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    Use Apple, not me, apple is gay and I am not gay. It is ok to be gay but I am not gay and I don't use apples.

If using a computer that virtually never crashes, performs functions much faster, has superior software, doesn't require a registry that screws everything up, and boots up in seconds, not hours is gay, then count me in.

Those who trash Apple, have probably never used one. Those say Apple is gay probably have an inferiority complex because they use PC's but deep down that know that Windows is a clunky unstable piece of garbage. Windows sucks up megabytes of memory because the code is so poorly written. Every time you get a Windows update, you get another patch that sucks up more memory, and increases your boot time. It's an unsecured virus and spyware magnet that will never compare to the Apple OS. Before anyone mentions Windows 7, let it be knows that is is a cheap imitation of the OS that Apple pioneered over a decade ago. Bill Gates laughs at PC users that throw their money away on OS after OS each worse than the next.

I had used PC's since 1985 before switching to a Mac 3 years ago. I would NEVER go back to a PC. I have used the same Mac with the same OS for the last 3 years. I could not be happier. I continually out produce everyone in my office, because I get more done faster with less software issues.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I have several Apple computers, an iPad, an iPhone, an iPod, AND I drive a Subaru, AND I own a Glock. Where do I fit in?
    After talking to the rest of the herd, and taking multiple votes on the issue, it was decided that you really don't fit in.

For the record, I voted for you because of the Subaru but the others didn't see it that way.

I think the Glock Unix guy..........Glunix..........stands apart from the crowd. I wish I could be that guy. Sadly I am stuck in the masses.

Question, if anyone here takes any of this serious, you need to be man enough to say so. If your Ex wife shoots you in the nuts, you won't give a Sh** what gun she owns or what System she uses. Now I am going to go give my GF a kiss for being a good sport and letting me post a pic of her.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Question, if anyone here takes any of this serious, you need to be man enough to say so. If your Ex wife shoots you in the nuts, you won't give a Sh** what gun she owns or what System she uses. Now I am going to go give my GF a kiss for being a good sport and letting me post a pic of her.

Just watch out for your grabby buddy. :):

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    First, I own neither but I've noticed that people that use Apple computers often own a Glock. This seems, from my limited sample, to be especially true if they own only 1 firearm. IPods, Ipads and IPhones don't count... well, they count for something but I'm curious about laptops and desktops. Anyone else notice this?

Glocks are the budget guns, probably more of those pretty boy 1911 shooters with apple products ;)

bcd007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2010
    Apple owner for 20+ years, Berreta owner for 20+ years. Hetero for as long as I can remember.

Number of viruses discovered: 0
    Number of times I've had to remove Spyware: 0
    Number of times I've had to reinstall the OS: 0
    Number of feed jams I've had in my Berettas: 0

I think I'm on to something here!

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Apple owner for 20+ years, Berreta owner for 20+ years. Hetero for as long as I can remember.

Number of viruses discovered: 0
    Number of times I've had to remove Spyware: 0
    Number of times I've had to reinstall the OS: 0
    Number of feed jams I've had in my Berettas: 0

I think I'm on to something here!
    And how many failures "down there" if you get my drift?

If it is zero, well then, it works for you and stick with it.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Glock 26 here and multiple PCs. I wouldn't mind an Apple though. The price of an Apple is what kills it.

Top Bottom