• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'd rather have money in the bank and only own a pistol than have a $2k AR with no money in the bank.

There are more important things to have VS owning a gun you can't afford.

And that's not a slam against the OP. It's something that applies to me as well.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    $1k gun/mags/etc + $1k of ammo is way funner than a $2k gun covered in dust...

-rvb

I kid really. I assume the folks spending $2k on a gun also have the funds to properly equip it.

It is all really a personal preference and budgetary thing. I like to buy nice off the shelf stuff because I don't have the skills and/or time, and/or desire to research and buy all the individual parts for one and assemble it. I am not afraid to spend on quality products.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I'd rather have money in the bank and only own a pistol than have a $2k AR with no money in the bank.

There are more important things to have VS owning a gun you can't afford.

And that's not a slam against the OP. It's something that applies to me as well.

Well that kind of thinking is entirely too reasonable for INGO.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I kid really. I assume the folks spending $2k on a gun also have the funds to properly equip it.

It is all really a personal preference and budgetary thing. I like to buy nice off the shelf stuff because I don't have the skills and/or time, and/or desire to research and buy all the individual parts for one and assemble it. I am not afraid to spend on quality products.

I understand wanting nice things and buying them if you can.

Don't sell yourself short. If you have even the slightest mechanical ability you can build an AR.

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I understand wanting nice things and buying them if you can.

Don't sell yourself short. If you have even the slightest mechanical ability you can build an AR.

Oh I am sure I could get it figured out. Honestly it is more the time spent doing all the research and purchasing decisions that turns me off.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Oh I am sure I could get it figured out. Honestly it is more the time spent doing all the research and purchasing decisions that turns me off.

I get that. And that is something everyone should consider. For example, I'm selling a Sig pistol "package" right now. It would take considerable time to root out the deals to even come close to what I am selling it for. Some people consider that as the hunt and they enjoy it(that's me) and other's just want to darn thing as quickly as they can get it.

To build one and have some equity in it, you will have to be patient and do the footwork.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    Add me to the list of people that say a $2k ar is reeeeeeeediculous. All my psa guns have been flawless. Even my first ar....a ptac (gasp!)....shot sub moa with handloads. This can be confirmed as I sold it off (barrel) to another ingo member who also loves it.

Buy a cheaper gun, and spend the rest on ammo and training to use the thing.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    So I went to a gun shop and was talking to a worker about my budget and what I was going to use the gun for and he recommended LWRCI-DI or Barrett Rec7DI so im going to look over both and make a hopefully good choice, anyone own a gun from these manufacturers love to hear about it,

Did I miss the part of the thread where you told us what you were going to use the gun for?

Seems that might be important for us to know as well. I scanned real quick, so if I missed it, just tell me so.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    @websnyper the gun will be used for protection, hunting , training, some range time

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-15-sport-ii
    The S&W M&P Sport 2 will do everything you want it to do, unless you shoot better than 1" groups at 100y you're not going to have a gun that holds you back, and it's ready to run out of the box.

Other than prestige of owning a name, there's nothing a $2k rifle is going to do better for you than the M&P.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/mp-15-sport-ii
    The S&W M&P Sport 2 will do everything you want it to do, unless you shoot better than 1" groups at 100y you're not going to have a gun that holds you back, and it's ready to run out of the box.

Other than prestige of owning a name, there's nothing a $2k rifle is going to do better for you than the M&P.
    A Chevy Cavalier would have got you from point A to B, but yet you bought a Camaro. Not just a Camaro, but a Camaro SS.
    Other than being 2 to 3 times the price, and half the gas mileage, what did you gain other than prestige?

Life's not always about being practical, sometimes it's about getting what we want, like a Camaro SS.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    A Chevy Cavalier would have got you from point A to B, but yet you bought a Camaro. Not just a Camaro, but a Camaro SS.
    Other than being 2 to 3 times the price, and half the gas mileage, what did you gain other than prestige?

Life's not always about being practical, sometimes it's about getting what we want, like a Camaro SS.
    then why do you own HK's?

;)
    i kid I kid

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

1st the initial idea.
    2nd formulating the basic plan
    3rd the search for parts/pieces
    4th indecision and the plan is changed.
    5th waiting on the mail.
    6th assembly. Putting the pieces together.
    7th 1 or more components fall short of expectations so back to the catalogs/on line.
    8th Waiting on the mail again.
    9th assembled and off to the range.
    10th final tune up.
    11th boredom.

1st repeat 1 through 11.

This is the process, for me anyway. Throw in a trip to get everything cera-coated and that adds another step.

Top Bottom