iur

Last edited:

burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    Damn my love of visuals have betrayed me id like both lol, but u make a good point, that first gun is pretty but all that ammo wow, can the front sight on the colt be taken off? Not really a fan of that

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Damn my love of visuals have betrayed me id like both lol, but u make a good point, that first gun is pretty but all that ammo wow, can the front sight on the colt be taken off? Not really a fan of that

Yes, the front sight can be removed, and replaced with a low profile gas block. This is a Colt 6920 upper with a rifle length forearm.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Damn I like that even the ingo lower is cool id go for that

That's another option. Get your BCM upper & BCG. Order a complete lower from PSA to put it on for now. If they do another run of the INGO lowers then order one of them with a BCM parts kit and sell the PSA on here.

By the time all that happens you will have some experience with the rifle and it's workings. The next step would be to assemble one. Once you get into the assembly portion of the hobby you will understand better how things work and why. It will give you a much better understanding of the platform than just buying one and shooting it.

When all is said and done you will end up with a custom INGO lower that you built yourself and the most important parts will be quality BCM.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    I haven't built this yet but I'll list my parts so you can get a idea of what one may cost, although the price will vary wildly depending on what you buy.

Upper assy, Riley Defence...... $369.99
    Hogue grip w/ buttstock..... $49.99
    INGO striped Lower ...... $90.00
    Spikes buffer tube assy 6 position. $76.46
    Lower parts kit, w/o trigger.... $44.77
    Geissele SSA trigger......... $165.00

Total ................ $796.21

My optics I wont list the price, but I got a great deal on a Refurbished Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP from 42769vette that will still come in way under your $2K budget with the mount.. Scope mount, Burris P.E.P.R QD $94.34.

This is just a idea of what you can do. You can go higher end, or lower end. With AR's you are pretty much limitless on what you want to do.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    To me, Colt is the baseline. If I'm buying a complete gun, it wil be a Colt or better. That's just me. Everybody ranks the manufactures differently. S&W makes a decent entry level gun, I've seen a few problems with them, but people can say the same about Colt.

Colt offers the 6920 without any furniture in the $800 range. You can dress it up with whatever style forearm and stock you want. Get a mid level optic, the ammo, and some mags, and you've got a nice gun that you like, and can shoot. You'll be ready to head to a class with a quality rifle.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just a quick visual....

You can have this alone (without the optics):
    Or you can have all of this (including the optics):
    For me personally I'm going for the most quality bang for the buck that gets me completely up and running, especially if it's my first AR. I'd go with the second visual. Now any of that practicality may potentially go out the window with the 2nd and 3rd and......

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Just a quick visual....

iu

iu

iu

iur

OP, the cool thing about ARs is you can upgrade them easily. Get a quality basic rifle with mags, ammo, and optic and once your budget allows and your practiced with it, you can swap out the gas block, handguard, stock etc to what ever you like.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Just a quick visual....

iu

iu

iu

iur

This post spells it all out wonderfully for a new buyer. Get the whole package for your first rifle.

For your 3rd rifle, down the road, the Barrett Rec 7 in the first pic is an awesome rifle. The DI models start around $1500. Special thanks to INGOer Maansmit, for letting me shoot his Barrett today. What a rifle! :drool:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I had this same mental struggle years ago. At that time, I was holding out for a higher end RRA.

Meanwhile I took a rifle class, using the instructor's rifle. That changed my attitude on a lot of things. I would highly recommend that same path.

The OP might be surprised how fast instructors will loan out a rifle for training. Getting one's hands on a seasoned running gun with an experienced shooter's components and configuration could be very eye opening.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom