AR flash hider/comp/muzzle brake preferences? What do you run?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    One not mentioned here but I run on a 5.56 and .308 AR is the Jerry Miculek style brake. It is the biggest brake you can run in the Tactical divisions of Multigun/IPSC/USPSA style rifle competitions and works really, really well with not being super duper loud to those around you.

It did tear up the mat/paper targets I was shooting from the bench on though, so prone in the dirt is going to get messy lol.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Sounds like a story that's begging to come out so go ahead and spill it :boxing:

They made some M1A receivers, some customer was not happy with the fit and finish, company told him tough luck that it was the best. He wrote a bad review of the receiver and the customer service.

Smith Enterprises went after him legally for defamation, and did so hard core. Enough so I would never look at one of their products ever again.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    They made some M1A receivers, some customer was not happy with the fit and finish, company told him tough luck that it was the best. He wrote a bad review of the receiver and the customer service.

Smith Enterprises went after him legally for defamation, and did so hard core. Enough so I would never look at one of their products ever again.

Actually, I don't believe they ever shipped his receiver. Speculation by the customer about the delay being due to heat treat issues is what I recall prompted the suit.

Beyond that, I read a number of the pleadings in that case. I have little tolerance for those who love themselves that much, especially with whining thrown in.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne

Ouch. Not a very good PR campaign. How did it turn out?

dieselmudder

Plinker
    May 30, 2014
    United States
    running a Lantac Dragon on my AR, as is a buddy. and another friend has one on a Tavor. never used anything else to compare to. but i like it. Albiet very loud. got excited one day and forgot the ear plugs. my ears rang most of the day. wont make that mistake again.

captcarl

Plinker
    Aug 10, 2012
    I also favor my Lantac Dragon 5.56 for a compensator. As good or better than the surefire in my opinion. I have a new BCM Gunfighter pinned on a new 14.5inch barrel that is no where in the ballpark of the Lantac as far as muzzle control but it is meant to be of the new trend for "combo" comp/flash and less concussion. Haven't stood next to that rifle while someone else fires it yet to compare the concussion to other "pure" comps.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom