• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I've seen the catalog before... my original "want" was for a list of wal-marts that sell firearms. Not what firearms they sell. Curious, because I haven't seen anything more than muzzle loaders and air rifles at the ones I've visited locally.

Sry Mr. JAG misread your post then. Not sure there is a list/db of wal-marts that are equipped/allowed to sell firearms. Being as any wal-mart can order from the special firearms catalog I would venture to say any wal-mart can sell you the firearm provided they have someone who knows the process (ie. might have to be the actual store manager for those stores that do not sell firearms).

In those case it would probably be up to the store manager if s/he wants to go thru the process of doing the special order.

Best bet is to go to the wal-mart website enter in your zip or the zip of the area you want to look at. Get the list of the wal-marts in that area and start calling asking if they sell firearms. if they do then you have a very high/good chances that they will order from the special order catalog for you. If they don't then only the store manager (main one) would be able to advise.

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    While I like the culture indicator of a Wal-Mart selling guns because that means people aren't hiking up their skirts and screaming at evil black rifles, why in the world would you want to give that place your business for picking up an AR? The receipt would be cool to show to your friends.

What'd ya get, at them Wal-Marts?

Lemme show you the receipt, Kaaaaaaarl.

-Leggs Knee High Stockings
    -Tartar Sauce for my home-made fish sammiches
    -A case of 10 dubya 40
    -AR-15
    -Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix

But yea, go to the local folks for finding a fine AR-15.

As much as I try to go to local shops the shops up here for the most part are insane on there prices. Much of it it well over msrp let alone the norm. Lake county for the most part is not a fun place to buy guns unless you really know your stuff.

chadc11

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    Venice, FL
    Sry Mr. JAG misread your post then. Not sure there is a list/db of wal-marts that are equipped/allowed to sell firearms. Being as any wal-mart can order from the special firearms catalog I would venture to say any wal-mart can sell you the firearm provided they have someone who knows the process (ie. might have to be the actual store manager for those stores that do not sell firearms).

I went to my local walmart that does sell firearms and asked about ordering something and I was told they couldn't do it. The gentleman said not all the walmarts that carry guns can order them. He directed me to the closest walmart that could order (40 minutes away.) Sounds strange to me, but who knows, he could have just not wanted to do it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I went to my local walmart that does sell firearms and asked about ordering something and I was told they couldn't do it. The gentleman said not all the walmarts that carry guns can order them. He directed me to the closest walmart that could order (40 minutes away.) Sounds strange to me, but who knows, he could have just not wanted to do it.

Did you talk to the main store manager or just the dept. level manager. The main store manager and/or the district manager can make it happen. The others may not want to go thru the hassle of dealing with it.

jh46544

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Mishawaka
    WOW there are a lot of different rifles listed there. My son works at Walmart so I let him by my ammo he gets 10% off everything, I am curious if that would apply to firearms as well??
    Your son cant legally buy a firearm for ya, that would be a straw purchase wouldnt it? :dunno:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I have seen Sig 556 AR's in a Walmart in Salem, MO. They had about 40 different long guns, I don't recall any pistols.

I think I need to find a Walmart employee to buy me ammio in cases.. lol

+1 for the buy gun then gift. Son can tell dad what he wants and get a gift in return..

Oh one thing I saw for the first time at Walmart was these..

Walmart.com: POV Action Video Cameras ACG-20 Polarized Sunglasses With Built-In Video Action Camera: Camcorders

Thought they were sort of cool, except that whole evidence thing... Just sayin..

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Portage WallyWorld carries cool outdoor stuff and so does Valpo but the one onthe rt 30. In Merrilville wouldn't dream of having anything cool.

But I've seen Portage Supermarket have long guns. There's almost never anyone in there anymore. Wonder about their prices and ling gun availability. Plus its where you get your Craftsman tools from now.

Dixiejack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    bullet, that's what happened to me. My wife ask me to stop by our SWM store to pick up some cat food. Naturally I had to check out sporting goods. Couldn't believe my eyes. They had AR's in Colt (.223 & .22 RF), Mossberg, S&W 15 Sport and 15/22, Sig, DPMS, and Bushmaster Patrolman. I walked out with 10 cans of cat food and the last 5 boxes of $4.99 PMS .223 and the sporting goods manager was carrying out my new Bushmaster they had on sale for $849.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom