• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I havent seen any AR's but Clinton, Terre Haute (US41 South) and Brazil (ALL IN INDIANA) have long guns. I have never heard of a Walmart that sold or can get handguns (anywhere).

I know for a fact that Walmart in Brazil, IN. has a printed catalog (I've looked through it) for long guns. That store said they can get anything in the catalog shipped in for purchase. I believe I had to put half down on any order from the catalog. Just ask the "gun person" to see the gun catalog. They never give me any problem at looking through it. They type in the sku listed to give you a price of guns listed in the catalog.

jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    Mr jag

Mr Jag
    You can go to walmart.com and search for a firearm on the general website
    it will direct you to the closest walmart that has the ar you are looking for generally colt windham weaponry bushmaster and sig sauer is what i have seen

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    The Walmart in Warsaw carries ARs as well. The guy behind the counter was a Vietnam Vet and the customer he was talking with was a Korean Vet. Kinda cool to see in that store. Good selection too...

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I'm now the owner of a Walmart (Marion) AR-15 Bushmaster. I have a lot to learn. It was supposed to be a shared gun with my husband, and we thought maybe we'd get another AR later on if we both liked it. However... later that same day, we found out that Bass and Bucks had quite a few ARs, and hubby started thinking maybe we should go ahead and get another one. He ended up falling in love with a Black Rain AR-15, and traded another gun toward it. So now I have taken over the Bushmaster...and wondering how all of this is going to fit in the budget!

Jarhead1775

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 21, 2012
    Rushville
    The Wal-Mart with the best selection that I have seen has been in Greenfield. They keep it pretty well stocked. Although the 2 Sig Saur varieties never seems to be in stock...long :(. They usually have the Colt LE6240, Windham Weaponry, Bushmaster and the DPMS in stock.

As for the 10% discount deal, yes... you do get a discount on ammo and firearms... I use it quite often at my local Wal-Mart and at the one where my wife works. I go in there so often... that the sporting goods Manager calls me to let me know when my "choices" are in stock. Now if they only sold AR magazines then we would be set.

I'm really going to enjoy the deal they offered for working on Black Friday. 20% off on Dec 6 or 7 on ANYTHING on one purchase. She is buying groceries and I will be getting firearms and ammo for Christmas :rockwoot:

I'm not trying to take anything from my local sporting goods dealer, but when you get treated like an idiot for wanting to inspect a firearm... well that sir loses my business. I guess that is a story for another thread....

jwatkins383

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    MD
    Wally World Goes Blackguns

Its true...they will be carring Sig/Colt/Bushmaster and I think Mossberg ARs....If anyone has been to Alaska then you know that Walmart there rivals most regular Ma and Pa shops...I actually know some one that knows someone and they had told me when the deal was signed. OYu can go to the Walmart web page and it will come up in a search. They are starting in a few gun freindly places and if it goes well ....they'll expand from there.....QUOTE=bullet;2284001]Hate or love Walmart, It's cool to see. It's a sight I would have never thought we would have seen.

walmartAR.jpg
    [/QUOTE]

spike9260

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Logansport Walmart carries guns. Wabash Big R is a good place to go also, They have a pretty good selection, Rochester has a new Big R and will be add guns to their inventory fairly soon.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    Brownsburg is the closest to me that has them. I was going to try for one of the Sig M400's for $869 on BF but I ended up going the route of the $799 Troy rifle at Dick's instead.

The M400 is normally $931 for the Enhanced version that comes with the rifle bag, and the lady that works the counter said they pretty much sell immediately when they get them in stock.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    Wal-Marts that do not carry guns cannot and will not order a gun for you. In Indianapolis, you most-likely will never buy a gun at a Wal-Mart.

For the stores that do carry guns, the Sig M400 deal they have offered for the past several months is a good buy.

Top Bottom