• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Hate or love Walmart, It's cool to see. It's a sight I would have never thought we would have seen.

walmartAR.jpg

TacticalM4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    I saw one in the Walmart in Bardstown, KY last week for $379. That's what really got me fired up to go buy one, I've since learned it must have been a M&P15/22. I thought thats all they carried.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    There needs to be a database or something that will tell you which wal-marts carry firearms.

There is and it's actually a PDF catalog that wal-mart has.
    I've seen in online before (can't find the link) but if a wal-mart sells firearms you can show them them catalog (it have various SKUs) and they can order you whatever you want from the Catalog, it will ship to their store and then you buy it.

It's not something Wal-Mart talks about but its possible to do based on other threads I have read about it.

I'll try and find the one with the 2011 catalog but not having any luck right now. 99% of the associates don't know about it and typically it's just the main store manager that does. :rolleyes:

---update---
    Here is the 2010 edition.
    http://i.walmartimages.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/SpecialOrderGunCatalog.pdf

Sry can't find a 2011 edition yet

Last edited:

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I tried to find a list of stores that carry them yesterday, and I could not. If someone finds it, post it.
    Do any in the Indianapolis area carry guns?

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    While I like the culture indicator of a Wal-Mart selling guns because that means people aren't hiking up their skirts and screaming at evil black rifles, why in the world would you want to give that place your business for picking up an AR? The receipt would be cool to show to your friends.

What'd ya get, at them Wal-Marts?

Lemme show you the receipt, Kaaaaaaarl.

-Leggs Knee High Stockings
    -Tartar Sauce for my home-made fish sammiches
    -A case of 10 dubya 40
    -AR-15
    -Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix

But yea, go to the local folks for finding a fine AR-15.

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    There is and it's actually a PDF catalog that wal-mart has.
    I've seen in online before (can't find the link) but if a wal-mart sells firearms you can show them them catalog (it have various SKUs) and they can order you whatever you want from the Catalog, it will ship to their store and then you buy it.

It's not something Wal-Mart talks about but its possible to do based on other threads I have read about it.

I'll try and find the one with the 2011 catalog but not having any luck right now. 99% of the associates don't know about it and typically it's just the main store manager that does. :rolleyes:

---update---
    Here is the 2010 edition.
    http://i.walmartimages.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/SpecialOrderGunCatalog.pdf

Sry can't find a 2011 edition yet

I've seen the catalog before... my original "want" was for a list of wal-marts that sell firearms. Not what firearms they sell. Curious, because I haven't seen anything more than muzzle loaders and air rifles at the ones I've visited locally.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    WOW there are a lot of different rifles listed there. My son works at Walmart so I let him by my ammo he gets 10% off everything, I am curious if that would apply to firearms as well??

roisigns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    cincy
    I tried to find a list of stores that carry them yesterday, and I could not. If someone finds it, post it.
    Do any in the Indianapolis area carry guns?

Greenfield has Ruger 10/22 I know. I called & got a price but cannot remember what the price was.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    WOW there are a lot of different rifles listed there. My son works at Walmart so I let him by my ammo he gets 10% off everything, I am curious if that would apply to firearms as well??

Unless things have changed since I worked there (quit in '03) the 10% discount was good for anything except clearance items and non-tax food items.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    While I like the culture indicator of a Wal-Mart selling guns because that means people aren't hiking up their skirts and screaming at evil black rifles, why in the world would you want to give that place your business for picking up an AR? The receipt would be cool to show to your friends.

What'd ya get, at them Wal-Marts?

Lemme show you the receipt, Kaaaaaaarl.

-Leggs Knee High Stockings
    -Tartar Sauce for my home-made fish sammiches
    -A case of 10 dubya 40
    -AR-15
    -Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix

But yea, go to the local folks for finding a fine AR-15.

Could you see walking in there for milk and bread and leaving with an AR and ammo.

I would think WalMart would have had a little better price on them

They have to set the price high like that, so they can do a "roll back" and bring it down to normal price.

I like the idea of being able to pull into the Walmart garage and while they change my oil and put on a set of snow tires, I can walked into the store and get a set of keys made and for Sunday's game buy my beer, chips, burgers and gas for the grill and I can also pick up my glasses, refill my RO water jugs for my reef tanks and get some feeder fish for my Lionfish, refill my wife's pills, pick up a new chainsaw, have my taxes done, get my flu shot, pick up more paint for my little girls room, get that new Lady Gaga CD (NOT!), snap pictures of strange people for Funny Pictures at WalMart , check out some really hot chicks, check out of really ugly chicks, develop my pictures, eat at Subway, do my banking, get some cigarettes, load up on dog food and PICK UP A NEW AR AND AMMO!!
    After that I'll never have to leave the house for a month.

Top Bottom