• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Why, praytell, should we cater to the whims of the uneducated, ignorant, illogical, and emotional masses?

Why is long gun carry (you'll notice that I haven't specified what type of long gun) so taboo, so offensive, so wrong? Because people have been demonized for legal activities (the legal carry of firearms, for example) and held as role models for illegal ones (the use of drugs, for example).

Why is it that we must always jump to the extreme of emotional responses, i.e. grossly exaggerating the methods or actions of those carrying firearms? Has anyone here actually made it seem as though they weren't going to use common sense or proper carry techniques when carrying a long gun?

What if we took rhino and Kirk and forced them at gunpoint to breakdance in the park while beating a dead horse and running over unicorns in vitamink's Fiero?

I suppose all of those long gun carriers at the rally last week were extremists and "waiving" their guns around, before running into a bank.

Let's leave the hypothetical rants and mocking exaggerations to those who actually hate our rights so that we can present real facts, arguments, and logic and defeat them.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    The media thinks were all weirdos because of all the pictures of people touting their "eeeeveil black rifles" in the streets...

Go to a gun rally while conceal carrying. Its sends the message, we are regular people.. Were not this lunatic fringe of crazy rednecks, like people who want to do things like this, make us seem.

Its easy for the average American whos on the fence on gun control to assume they have to side with the anti gun people, because all the pro gun people are wacked out lunatics who want to carry an "assault weapon" in public..

SIGnature45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    South Bend
    I want to hear from someone who has persosnlly open carried an assult weapon in public. Lots of comments about how people will do this and that but no one is speaking from experience. Anyone done it? What did people say and what did the cops say?! (Because Ill bet they showed up)

msr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 25, 2011
    Indianapolis - Broad Ripple
    I want to hear from someone who has persosnlly open carried an assult weapon in public. Lots of comments about how people will do this and that but no one is speaking from experience. Anyone done it? What did people say and what did the cops say?! (Because Ill bet they showed up)

Watch this guy's videos - MarkedGuardian

Specifically, watch the progression from his early videos to his newest ones and then someone tell me how he isn't making an impact in the normalization of long gun open carry.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    YEAH, let's open carry our AR's! What the heck, it's legal. And while we are at it let's OC our handguns and our AR's. Yeah, that is legal also. And ah, oh yeah, let's wear ski masks, no laws against OC'ing handguns and AR's while we wear ski masks! Let the wimps have their heart attacks, tough.

Better yet, let's OC our handguns and AR's while wearing ski masks and several of us run into a bank. We all know the no gun signs carry no weight of law in Indiana. That is not illegal!

Yeah, let's all OC our handguns and AR's while wearing BLACK ski masks and run into a bank yelling "WE ARE EXERCISING OUR RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS!"

Surely that will convince the fence sitters to join our side of the 2A fight!

Don't you think?

And to think.....There are people "on our side" that say things like this.

This reminds me of a scene from the movie Billy Madison...This is not directed to anyone specifically in this thread, but it's what pops into my head when I hear things like this...

[ame]http://youtu.be/5hfYJsQAhl0[/ame]

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    “Very often we are our own worst enemy as we foolishly build stumbling blocks on the path that leads to success and happiness.”
    - Louis Binstock

So Sad...

So True....

So Carry Already......:smileak:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy

I did last weekend downtown Indy. I got to the Capitol building a little late for the counter demonstration opposing the "minimal moms against guns" people. I had to walk a few blocks by myself, carrying an AR SBR across my chest. I didn't get one single funny look on my way there. It may have been the coffee cup I was also carrying that made me look less threatening. I also walked right past 3 IMPD cars and didn't end up with a boot on the back of my head. :dunno:

SIGnature45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    South Bend
    Watch this guy's videos - MarkedGuardian

Specifically, watch the progression from his early videos to his newest ones and then someone tell me how he isn't making an impact in the normalization of long gun open carry.

Right on. Thanks for sharing! I'd love to see video of the people who didn't appreciate it tho or even know it was legal.

SIGnature45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    South Bend
    I did last weekend downtown Indy. I got to the Capitol building a little late for the counter demonstration opposing the "minimal moms against guns" people. I had to walk a few blocks by myself, carrying an AR SBR across my chest. I didn't get one single funny look on my way there. It may have been the coffee cup I was also carrying that made me look less threatening. I also walked right past 3 IMPD cars and didn't end up with a boot on the back of my head. :dunno:

More good reports! I'm sure Indiana is a little more used to guns than some other states as well. I hope more people feel comfortable around guns in public as time goes on and not freak out. The more people carry the more it will make criminals think twice about their evil ways. Someone around will be prepared to handle the situation! :patriot:

Top Bottom