• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I had to make room in the safe for a newly accuired M1A and another AR so while they were out, here is a family pic: (I still need a few more uppers and some optics!!!)

ARfamilypic002.jpg

The flash really made some components shiny!!!

now thats an AR collection:patriot:

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Finally "almost" done making a few modifications to my M&P 15X. Next step will be a nice sling system then upgrading some of the cheaper add-ons. The light is simply a Fenix 235 lumens PD30+ w/strobe in a Viking Tactical mount. I planned on it being temp but I like it so much there, it's going to stay right where it's at.

DSC00065.jpg

DSC00067.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

:rockwoot:

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I added another AR to the collection Friday night. This one is a Rock River Entry Tactical. When I got it home it looked so naked it was a little obscene. I dug around the safe and found an ultra-cheap, no-name Red Dot and stuck it on. This way the poor girl at least has a little something to wear until I decide what I'm going to do with her. I managed to put 200 rds downrange with her today and as always, I'm impressed with RRA's fit, finish, and accuracy.
    Once I have her properly attired I'll add some new pics so please avert your eyes in the meantime....

sp7ouu.jpg
    2lkrwir.jpg

Last edited:

Terry A

Marksman
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    NWI
    Nice Weapons

I just bought a DPMS with the carry handle, I have been looking at the Vortex Strike Fire AR 15 red dot , can any one give me any feedback on this or reccomend a decent sight in the $150.00 range? I need posts to be able to PM and ask other members questions, thanks for any info.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I just bought a DPMS with the carry handle, I have been looking at the Vortex Strike Fire AR 15 red dot , can any one give me any feedback on this or reccomend a decent sight in the $150.00 range? I need posts to be able to PM and ask other members questions, thanks for any info.

Terry, try checking in the "Accessories and Gear" forum. You'll find lots of useful information.

:ingo:

Terry A

Marksman
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    80   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    NWI
    Feedback on StrikeFire

My S&W M&P 15 MOE rocking the Vortex StrikeFire.

picture.php

Didn't really want to go with the budget scope, but I'm just punching holes in paper so I figured I would save the money for more ammo. Up front seems like it's built solid. Verdict is still out if the red dot is going to be bright enough out in the sun.
    How did the Vortex work out for you, I have been thinking of getting one and would like some info before I pull the trigger on one?

Slade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Evansvile
    Colt 9MM AR

Not sure what I was thinking but I ordered an adapter to put my CCF .45 suppressor on my 9MM AR. Shoots nice and is pretty quiet.
    Colt has a Aimpoint M2 on it.
    055.jpg

rz317

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2008
    My CAV-15s

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

The 1st rifle is my competition rifle... Shaw 18" lightweight barrel, SJC comp, Clark carbon fiber handguard, DPMS Lo-Pro upper, JP Lo-Mass bolt carrier, AR Gold trigger. Optic is a Swarovski Z6i 1-6x24 on a LaRue SPR-E mount.
    The 2nd is my "house gun"... DSA 14.5" lightweight barrel with pinned and welded Vortex, DPMS chrome bolt and carrier, Trijicon front sight, Daniel Defense A1.5 rear sight, MagPul MOE handguard, Surefire G2 in VTAC light mount.

RZ

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    14.5" Double star upper on a Double star lower. Nothing speical right now, but it will be getting a Magpul handguard, stock, ergo grip, and ambi safety.

I enjoy keeping it simple, btw the Phantom is permanently welded on so I have no length issues (16.1").

Ar-15.jpg

btw; if you post and say "Oh that's an illegal rifle because it's not an sbr" Then you FAIL at reading.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Got some Magpul BUIS installed. After owning the AR for 2 weeks I finally got to put some rounds through it today and it performed flawlessly.:rockwoot:

IMG_0113.jpg

I had to take a file to the front site so it would lock back down. The barrel shroud sticks up a bit too far.

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom