• Status
    Not open for further replies.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Yea looks like the minimalist. I saw a review video and it looks very promising. Thinking it would be nice on an SBR when I get the funds to complete one.

[video=youtube;SLkqGqiWrMI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLkqGqiWrMI[/video]

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    As mentioned it is the Mission First Tactical Minimalist. According to the description, the weight is under 6 ounces!

I always wondered what a CTR would look like without the bottom support. Now I know. For $60 I might have to try one on the SBR.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Mega MaTen, Lilja barrel, Geissele SSA-E, SWFA 5-20x50, LaRue LT-745, Magpul PRS, AAC Blackout FH, Atlas Bipod, Syrac adjustable GB, DPMS carrier, J.P. bolt.

For scale:

:ingo:

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Finally received my Primary Arms AA reddot and killflash, I'm impressed with the quality compared to the GEN 2 version my friend has. We'll see if its battery life is as impressive as the PA microdot I own.

IMG_20131227_163849_zps3f3731d5.jpg

IMG_20131227_163903_zps656fab3f.jpg

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Is that a BCM 14.5" upper with the pinned and welded A2X? If it is, how does it compare to a 16" barrel with a standard A2? How much shorter is the overall length?

It is actually a del-ton upper with a double star 14.5" barrel with the BCM A2X attached. For the most part it's aesthetics since it only reduces the length by an inch or so, but it does allow you to attach a bayonet if you are into that sort of thing.

For me though I wanted something that looked close to what our army uses without the expensive stamp for the inch of barrel. I'll take a picture of it next to a friends 16" ar next time he's around to get a side by side comparison for the fun of it.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Wow very nice, you make my proud to be a AMERICAN. I guess you got a good start and a little more work to do... I can dream of being there some day... Your my hero of all the pics of whats on here so far... I want to paint one of mine but just don't want to screw it up, been look'n on here for some idea's, seen a few that look real good, but don't know if i could do it... Keep it up and hope you fave fun doing it... :)

TAT7

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Mega MaTen, Lilja barrel, Geissele SSA-E, SWFA 5-20x50, LaRue LT-745, Magpul PRS, AAC Blackout FH, Atlas Bipod, Syrac adjustable GB, DPMS carrier, J.P. bolt.

For scale:

:ingo:

Very nice AR-10, especially on the details. Few people can appreciate all the top end stuff you have on that guy.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    16" CHF, Ice Arms NiB BCG, BCM Gunfighter Large, CMT billet lower, Geissele SSA, Aimpoint Pro, etc, etc

11.5" CHF, WMD NiB BCG, BCM Gunfighter Large, Spike's SBR lower, Geissele SD-C, Aimpoint PRO, will soon have a Gemtech Trek and UBR stock after stamps arrive.

16" CHF, WMD NiB BCG, BCM Gunfighter Large, CMT billet lower, Geissele SSA-E, Vortex Viper PST 1-4

Beater AR. 16" CMV, Ice Arms NiB BCG, BCM Gunfighter Large, $50 Anderson lower from PSA. Thinking about coverting it to 5.45x39 and adding a Tac-Con 3mr trigger.

Last edited:

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    A year ago I decided to experiment with the ATI Polymer lowers when PSA was running a special for $40/each. Needless to say, the gen1 lowers failed to work as advertised (mine had out of spec trigger pin holes). Fast forward to this year, and ATI replaced them with their new Gen 2 lower. Percieved quality is much better, and it appears to actually have been engineered, vs. just a replication of an aluminum lower out of polymer. There is a zinc insert for the buffer tube interface, as well as beefed up areas around the trigger pin holes. The lower has a similar look to some of the billet lowers out there.

I haven't test fired it yet, but this passed the function tests just fine, and the fit and finish was a lot better than the gen1.

68_F100

Expert
    Rating - 93.9%
    31   2   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    North Salem
    My personal build.

Mega GTR-3H set
    14.5 BCM CHF barrel
    BCM BCG
    BCM Mod 4 CH
    BCM Mod 3 grip
    DD 12" lite rail II
    Magpul STR AFG2 and mbus
    Battle trigger/UC parts kit

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    5.56x45mm Family portrait... 18" -> 16" (x2) -> Pinned 14.5" (x2) -> 12.5" (I switched it from a 10" 300BLK till ammo becomes sane and available)

The new addition sans the paint she'll ultimately get.

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    Is that a BCM 14.5" upper with the pinned and welded A2X? If it is, how does it compare to a 16" barrel with a standard A2? How much shorter is the overall length?

I currently run a 14.5" BCM w/ a pinned & welded A2X wearing a Troy 15" fore end. When the Troy was on my 16" barreled upper, the guard ended about ~1/2" before the flash hider. When the Troy is on the BCM 14.5", flash hider cuts start just inside the fore end.

You can see what I mean in this version of my rifle w/ 14.5" I was running a while back.
    IMAG0091_zps137f4c68.jpg

Side Note: The entry stock was just mocked up in this photo and ended up on a side folder from law tactical. I was trying to "make" a side folder that I could shoulder after deploying the stock and not need to adjust it like a 6 position. Nice idea, but added too much weight so I scrapped the whole idea.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom