Appleseed Announces the Official Marlin 795 Liberty Training Rifle!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    8517250508_0278813cf4_b.jpg

For more info check our website and be sure to sign up your email at Davidson's so you have the info as soon as they are coming off the assembly line:

www.galleryofguns.com - Gun Genie - Davidson's most popular and powerful search engine to find and buy guns at galleryofguns.com

This is the culmination of a year's worth of very hard work by very dedicated volunteers and the kindness of Marlin who sees the value both in the LTR concept and the Appleseed program itself.

Please get on their mailing list for the rifle if you are in any way interested. The initial run will be short, but the second to follow could be enormous based on market interest!

:rockwoot: :patriot:

Last edited:

cyprant

Master
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Put me down for 1.

How small will the first run be?

Would be extra cool if they charged a bit more and threw in 4 magazines...

Last edited:

Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Would be extra cool if they charged a bit more and threw in 4 magazines...

I discussed this with Marlin but the .22 Rimfire market is so price sensitive that even putting in 2 magazines was a challenge. Once Marlin understood the course of fire they realized the reasoning.Yes I realize they do other COF in other parts of the US for the AQT's. The cost is so sensitive in fact they decided to use the 1" nylon USGI sling VS the 1.25" cotton sling. It all came down to price point.

cyprant

Master
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    I discussed this with Marlin but the .22 Rimfire market is so price sensitive that even putting in 2 magazines was a challenge. Once Marlin understood the course of fire they realized the reasoning.Yes I realize they do other COF in other parts of the US for the AQT's. The cost is so sensitive in fact they decided to use the 1" nylon USGI sling VS the 1.25" cotton sling. It all came down to price point.

Figured as much.

I signed up all 5 of my email addresses, hopefully Marlin will catch wind of the demand and just make this a regular production gun!!!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Nov 25, 2008
    My first reaction to this is that this will be my nephews first gun.

Maybe I'm focusing too much on the specs on the gun, but besides what appears to be a set of tech sights is there anything else special about the gun? Not that I wouldn't want to support the Appleseed, but for $300 I could get my nephew a 10-22, put in a trigger kit, tech sights and be very close to the same price point and he'd have the ability to use 25rd mags when he gets older.

What's the cost of attending an appleseed match? I'm one of those guys who's always wanted to go to one, but never made that final push to actually go do it.

cyprant

Master
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    $70 for a weekend appleseed.
    This is a good deal. Actual price will probably be 10% off MSRP. Thats $270. If you think ofbit as prepaying for an appleseed, its a no brainer.
    Tech sights, sling, and swivels = $100 shipped.

Its a steal even at full MSRP!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    This is a good deal. Actual price will probably be 10% off MSRP. Thats $270. If you think ofbit as prepaying for an appleseed, its a no brainer.

Retail on the spare mag is $27 on top of that, plus according to Techres who is in the know about this project, Marlin retooled the barrel for the tech sights.

The first ones will be the most expensive, if they gain popularity, I would expect that the price will get lower. There are three 795's in our safe now but, I want one of the 1st runs as a heirloom piece. I'll qualify with it and them mount it with the Rifleman Patch, probably using the target as the backdrop. :D.

cyprant

Master
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    Retail on the spare mag is $27 on top of that, plus according to Techres who is in the know about this project, Marlin retooled the barrel for the tech sights.

The first ones will be the most expensive, if they gain popularity, I would expect that the price will get lower. There are three 795's in our safe now but, I want one of the 1st runs as a heirloom piece. I'll qualify with it and them mount it with the Rifleman Patch, probably using the target as the backdrop. :D.

We are on the exact same page.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Nov 25, 2008

Wow, now that the prices get spelled out that 795 really is a no brainer. I'm glad I put two emails in for a notification now!

Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Looking at retail cost's on the web:

$27 spare mag
    $5 for set of swivels
    $13 Tech sights 1" Nylon sling
    $69 TM200 Tech sights
    $114 total in add ons.

Add that to what Davidsons already uses as a $185 MSRP for a stock 795 and you get $299 MSRP.

Dont think anyone has ever paid $185 for a stock 795 so the retail prices for the 795LTR should be under MSRP.

Throw in the $80 certificate and you get a LTR package for a little over $200.:rockwoot:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Well it worked before! Off to go and change the design to use a direct address...

Thanks INGO for breaking the web site. ;)

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Changed the promo pic. Try the one listed in the image after you refresh this page.

Top Bottom