Apparently I'm not old enough to buy paint at TRACTOR SUPPLY Co.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm getting sick of the age policy at TRACTOR SUPLLY CO when you buy something as simple as a can of spray paint :xmad:

I don't give my birthday.

I don't give my phone number.

I don't give my address.

But I will give my Zip Code.

Today I walked into T.S.C. and picked up a $2.99 can of John Deere "green" spray paint. Walked up to the register and waiting in line. Pulled out 4 $1.00 bills and the girl running the register asked for my birthday. I have to be 18 years old to buy it, she needs to key in my birthday to 'prove' that I am old enough to buy a can of paint.

Apparently ONLY kids under the age of 18 "huff" paint to get high?

In the past when I refuse to give my birthday the clerks do something and then sell me my paint, chemical or other "restricted" item.

NOT TODAY.

My grey hair, grey beard and wrinkled skin are not enough to prove I'm over 18 :oldwise:

Clerk shrugged. Said she can't sell me paint without me first providing my birthday. Took those 4 singles with George Washington printed on them and put them back into my wallet and walked off, can of paint still sitting on the counter and the girl, with a dumbstruck look on her face standing there. Now I presume that the other clerks working there make up a date, or plug in their own birthday? Not this girl. She was stupid enough to allow a paying customer to walk out of the store.

Dumb*** :noway:

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Girl's just doing her job - the company is the one with the stupid policy that removes common sense (ie. 'mature' folks obviously are of age) from the equation.

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Not that it matters, but is it the huffing of paint or the tagging that made them start this stuff.

Can't you give them the wrong b-day?

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Stupid rule? Yes.

Simple solution though if you really want to buy products from that store. Give them a false DOB.

Don't fault the cashier that is trained/programmed to ask. She didn't make the rules.

I also don't give out demographic information other then ZIP code when asked but I will just make up some bogus DOB, phone number or street address.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    that is funny on several levels, given your avatar.

Is providing false statements to a store clerk illegal when buying aerosols? You could say "1/16/99" and have her look at you. Then say "1899", staring right at her.

Every time I see one of those "You must have been born on or before ______ to purchase tobacco" signs, I feel that much older.

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Not that it matters, but is it the huffing of paint or the tagging that made them start this stuff.

Can't you give them the wrong b-day?

It is the huffing.... There are state laws down here in FL that restrict the sale of some aerosols and paint thinner type products to minors.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    My dad had an issue at Rural King. He spends a couple hundred bucks a week on dog food (4 newfies and 2 St. Bernards) and usually picks up a few boxes of ammo or wherever. He finally had enough of it when they were writing his phone number and DL# on the check that he was paying with. She started scribbling the DL# and he finally asked why, she said "because that's what they tell me to do." Apparently he have a pretty good rant because after he recovered the check and DL he left with three other customers following him, abandoning their items on the belt. When it was all said and done they wanted DL#, phone#, DOB, address and full name. If somebody wanted to use that information for nefarious purposes he'd have already given them everything on one slip of paper. People wonder why their identities get stolen.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I usually get asked "Are you over 18?" I reply, "yes" with a dumbfounded look on my face, complete transaction.

As far as phone number? I give out my old one, Im sure some prick is real sick of getting calls for windows from the annoying guy at the mall too, haha!

Top Bottom