• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Bush did not screw up the economy, Bill Clinton did. The sub prime mortgages in the 90's. I was a 5 dollar an hour worker, and also my wife. We were pre-approved for a 150,000 dollar home. We know we could never afford that, we bought a home at 7.125% interest rate, for 76,000. I am now disabled, my wife also, and we never missed a payment, borrowed, or took out any second motgage. Well, the economy collapsed from this riplle effect, and the dominoes just tumbled. Now, I am losing my home, I have no equity, and I have no sympathy for a Commander and Cheif (I am former Military), whom is a bufoon. Well******its easy to blame Bush*** but were you better off when he was in office, or now? I am 50 years old, and never in my lifetime witnessed a President in his third year, still blaming the previous Administration.. Sorry, I got screwed, soon to be homeless, and I cannot respect him.

Welcome to INGO, I assume you want to use the classifieds. :rolleyes:

desmodue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    Peru, IN
    As I said before I didn't vote for Obama, and I defiantly don't agree with what he is doing. But Bush WAS horrible. I'm not really sure how that is even up for discussion. When you inherit one of the best economic situations and then in the course of 8 years put us on the precipice of the worst depression since the 30s. It seems kinda popular on here to blame Obama for that, but come on, he has been in office a year. It was pretty darn horrible when he got the keys to the car.

He spent and spent, he was not as "republican" on issues such as immigration that he should have been. He just wasn't very good and I am a lifelong republican.

No and Id kinda like to see where in my post that I said it was...

Really? George W. Bush was probably not the best President we ever had, but blaming him for the collapse of the economy is complete BS. Geo had a share in the mess, but was a minor contributor compared to Slick Willie. The sub-prime mortgage fiasco removed the bedrock of our finacial foundation.

That disaster was because of, and more importantly directly orchestrated by former President Hillary Clinton's mouthpiece, Bill Clinton. In a feeble attempt to somehow miraculously convert deteriorating inner city housing into valuable real estate, the Clinton administration forced lending institutions to absorb a percentage of high risk loans if they wanted to loan money for mortages. Once the concept was understood, there was an explosion in a group that previously was very small. The loan originator.

Armed with the knowledge that the Federal Government was forcing lenders to write loans to high risk consumers on even higher risk properties, these sharks used "creative financing" to qualify people for loans they could ill afford on properties that were grossly over appraised. The originators had little concern that these lendees were destined to default on their mortgages within a couple of years. They had a well thought-out, if highly unscrupulous plan. Clinton's mandate for loan institutions to accept these sub-prime loans placed the institutions behind the eight ball.

The whole mess came to a head because of the very common practice known as "loan bundling". Banks would buy existing loans from other banks, credit unions, savings and loans, etc. The banks were drunk on what seemed to be a never ending spiral of real estate value escalation. They bought "bundles" of loans thinking that the profits from 30 year mortgages was the equivalent of a license to steal. And for a time it was. The American mortgage was almost like gold. The American Dream of home ownership was a powerful inticement, driven by the integrity of hard working people wanting to earn their reward in life. Clinton's introduction of schemers. dreamers and reamers turned everything upside down.

The glut of over-leveraged home buyers was the proverbial house of cards. Most could barely afford the monthly paymensts, as soon as the inevitable home repairs or economic downturn hit, the exit plan was pre-written. Most had little invested in comparisson to the huge debt over their heads, minimal down payments and government buy-downs of interest rates had put them in homes they couldn't really afford. The easy way out was to default and walk away.

The timing of this massive FAIL was just a few months after George Bush's election. The fact that it all started years earlier is almost completely ignored.

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Considering that obama-messiah ruined it for all of you, isn't it nice when someone starts a rumor, or panic before a situation happens???

Obama marks Memorial Day with country - CNN.com

OK, obama-messiah did his presidential duties and was there and did lay the wreath at those Hallowed Grounds of Arlington National Cemetary!

To Doug Powers, .... sorry, I just can't put into words how stupid you must feel.

Blind Squirrel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    In a van, down by the river
    The honored dead are better off...

Written by guest-blogger Doug Powers President Obama went to Arlington Cemetery to lay the wreath last year, but this year Obama’s handing the wreath to Plugs and heading off to the more welcoming political climes of Chicago:

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama plans to spend a long holiday weekend in Chicago.

The White House says Obama and his family will travel to their hometown on Thursday and stay through the weekend. It will be their first trip back home since a visit for Valentine’s Day weekend in February 2009.

On Monday, Obama is scheduled to participate in a Memorial Day ceremony at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood, Ill.

In Obama’s absence, Vice President Joe Biden will participate in the customary wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington National Cemetery outside Washington.

Obama will however make it back to Washington in time next week to honor Paul McCartney, who has sacrificed so much for the freedoms we enjoy.

Boy, I’m starting to think that West Point speech wasn’t from the heart.

Update: Obama will alter vacation plans slightly and travel to the Gulf on Friday in a desperate attempt to plug the blowout in his approval ratings.

**Written by guest-blogger Doug Powers

Michelle Malkin AP: Obama to Skip Wreath Laying Ceremony at Arlington on Monday

Seven pages of President bashing over a story that wasn't even factual. Good god people.

Everyone deserves an opinion but it's like watching the villagers march to the castle carrying pitchforks because everyone else decided to go.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Americans from Washington to California were marking Memorial Day with parades, barbecues and somber moments of reflection in an annual holiday infused with fresh meaning by the approaching 10-year anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
    The anniversary was to be incorporated into the National Memorial Day Parade in Washington, where special tributes were scheduled for the first responders to the attacks and to the relatives of the thousands killed. Actor Gary Sinise, a veterans advocate who played Lt. Dan in the film "Forrest Gump," and Medal of Honor recipients from the Korean and Vietnam wars were among the guests.
    The public holiday recognizes America's war dead.
    President Barack Obama was participating in a wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery.
    "Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay, but we can honor their sacrifice," Obama said at a Memorial Day service at the cemetery. "And we must."
    Meanwhile, U.S. troops fighting in Afghanistan paused to remember the fallen in Memorial Day services, with some praying and holding flag-raising ceremonies to recognize the more than 1,400 who have been killed in combat there since the war began a decade ago.
    "We reflect on those who have gone before us. We reflect on their service and their sacrifice on behalf of our great nation," said Brig. Gen. Lewis A. Craparotta, who commands a Marine division in Afghanistan's southern Helmand province. "We should also remember those serving today who embody that same commitment of service and sacrifice. They are committed to something greater than themselves and they muster the physical and moral courage to accomplish extraordinary feats in battle."

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Considering that obama-messiah ruined it for all of you, isn't it nice when someone starts a rumor, or panic before a situation happens???

Obama marks Memorial Day with country - CNN.com

OK, obama-messiah did his presidential duties and was there and did lay the wreath at those Hallowed Grounds of Arlington National Cemetary!

To Doug Powers, .... sorry, I just can't put into words how stupid you must feel.

Seven pages of President bashing over a story that wasn't even factual. Good god people.

Everyone deserves an opinion but it's like watching the villagers march to the castle carrying pitchforks because everyone else decided to go.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Americans from Washington to California were marking Memorial Day with parades, barbecues and somber moments of reflection in an annual holiday infused with fresh meaning by the approaching 10-year anniversary of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
    The anniversary was to be incorporated into the National Memorial Day Parade in Washington, where special tributes were scheduled for the first responders to the attacks and to the relatives of the thousands killed. Actor Gary Sinise, a veterans advocate who played Lt. Dan in the film "Forrest Gump," and Medal of Honor recipients from the Korean and Vietnam wars were among the guests.
    The public holiday recognizes America's war dead.
    President Barack Obama was participating in a wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery.
    "Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay, but we can honor their sacrifice," Obama said at a Memorial Day service at the cemetery. "And we must."
    Meanwhile, U.S. troops fighting in Afghanistan paused to remember the fallen in Memorial Day services, with some praying and holding flag-raising ceremonies to recognize the more than 1,400 who have been killed in combat there since the war began a decade ago.
    "We reflect on those who have gone before us. We reflect on their service and their sacrifice on behalf of our great nation," said Brig. Gen. Lewis A. Craparotta, who commands a Marine division in Afghanistan's southern Helmand province. "We should also remember those serving today who embody that same commitment of service and sacrifice. They are committed to something greater than themselves and they muster the physical and moral courage to accomplish extraordinary feats in battle."
    Um...do y'all realize you're referring to two different Memorial Days? The OP was about Memorial Day 2010. It's actually 2011 now...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    dayum, burned by the thread resurrection zombie!!!!

Been a lot of resurrected threads lately. :rolleyes:

No wonder I don't feel like participating much anymore. :n00b:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Bush did not screw up the economy, Bill Clinton did. The sub prime mortgages in the 90's. I was a 5 dollar an hour worker, and also my wife. We were pre-approved for a 150,000 dollar home. We know we could never afford that, we bought a home at 7.125% interest rate, for 76,000. I am now disabled, my wife also, and we never missed a payment, borrowed, or took out any second motgage. Well, the economy collapsed from this riplle effect, and the dominoes just tumbled. Now, I am losing my home, I have no equity, and I have no sympathy for a Commander and Cheif (I am former Military), whom is a bufoon. Well******its easy to blame Bush*** but were you better off when he was in office, or now? I am 50 years old, and never in my lifetime witnessed a President in his third year, still blaming the previous Administration.. Sorry, I got screwed, soon to be homeless, and I cannot respect him.

Apparently you do have a lot of time on your hands to sort through threads that are a year old. Your situation is unfortunate, but that doesn't take away from the fact that neither Obama or Bush ever saw a spending bill they didn't like.

They are equally crappy presidents.

Top Bottom