• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    $174,000 divided by 52 equlas $3,346.15 per week. I don't feel sorry for her.

Well, I don't feel sorry for her either.
    But, apartments aren't cheap in DC.
    And doesn't she have to maintain a residence in her district? Also not cheap.

So, 174,000 on the east coast is not a lot of money.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, I don't feel sorry for her either.
    But, apartments aren't cheap in DC.
    And doesn't she have to maintain a residence in her district? Also not cheap.

So, 174,000 on the east coast is not a lot of money.

She sits on at least I committee and that is again money on top of her base salary.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    She isn't worth more than :twocents: at taxpayer expense in my opinion. But that holds true for roughly 90% of politicians

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    She's a vote in the US House of Representatives. To euro merchant bankers, saudi royals, chinese manufacturers, law/lobby firms etc. etc. etc. she's worth her weight in gold.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I watched a portion of her speech. I especially liked when she talked about studying Dr. King. Are you ******* kidding me! This is the same woman that couldn't identify the three branches of government, thought Presidential term limits were enacted to stop FDR from being elected again, and thought a three billion dollar tax break for Amazon was cash in a ******* pile somewhere. The people that support her have to be the dumbest individuals God ever put breath into.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    She's really turning up the hyperbole while huckstering the New Green Deal to the crowd at an Al Sharpton event. I'm gonna have to take another look at the GND cause she says it will cure the world's ills.

She told the crowd at the National Action Network convention that such a generational attitude was the “underpinning” of a list of policies that include health care for all, free public college -- and reparations to black Americans for slavery.
    “That is the moral political and economic underpinning of making bold investments and dignified jobs because that is the necessary plan to fix the pipes in Flint [Michigan] and clean the air in the South Bronx, and create unionized energy jobs for transitioning workers in Appalachia and West Virginia, for single-payer health care and Medicare-for-all and tuition-free public colleges and universities to prepare our nation for the future, and for the end of mass incarceration, the war on drugs, examining and pursuing an agenda of reparations and fixing the opioid crisis too,” she said.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    If she wants to put her powers to work let her be the "Queen of Parking Garages in Mogadishu" or something of equal value. Just as long as it isn't here...

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    My money is on having Tammany Hall (modern equivalent) getting rid of her in 2020. Her district can only hold so many whack job liberals which dilutes her overall value to the left. Especially if Trump takes it in 2020.

On the other hand, if Trump loses and we get some goof like O'Rourke or Harris, she will become a liberal icon.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I would think that there will be a better primary turnout in her district in 2020.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Spit warning: Do not take a sip while watching this! If you do, the cleanup is all yours.

[video=youtube;EiP7IuDAanc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiP7IuDAanc[/video]

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    AOC back from the future.

[video=youtube;d9uTH0iprVQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9uTH0iprVQ[/video]

Or a trip on psilocybin mushrooms.

Top Bottom