FB-IMG-15503530005631001.jpg

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ‘The dam has broken’: Comfortably Smug has reason to believe ‘more is gonna come out’ about AOC’s campaign finance woes

WTF are "mentions". Cheese 'n rice... social media invents new words or meanings for words every damned day. Since when did the word "mentions" (clearly a verb - he mentions, she mentions, etc.) become a noun?

Yeah... it's pretty much an interaction with you.

"Hey man, did you see that tweet I made earlier? My mentions are blowing up."

Alternatively and meme-ly called "menchies"

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    And this surprises you?

Perhaps the noteworthy thing about it is the, presumably, novel attempt to get around campaign finance laws, as well as the strategy to get "non-politician" candidates involved in a meaningful way. Assuming there is some legality in the concept (if not the execution) it's a strategy that might be worthy of emulation by "Tea Party" or Libertarian office-seekers in the future - assuming they can find a Sugar Daddy to fund the PAC/LLC.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The Democrats are out to cut her off. I read an interesting point on her primary election win, she won with tremendous support from affluent, highly educated, white liberals, while her opponent had majorities of minority's. Go figure...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The Democrats are out to cut her off. I read an interesting point on her primary election win, she won with tremendous support from affluent, highly educated, white liberals, while her opponent had majorities of minority's. Go figure...

The news that's come out about the swampiness of her campaign finance, and involving her boyfriend kinda has me wondering if it came out with the help of some well placed democrats.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The NYC machine will sort the issues that got her elected instead of the Tammany man, and she'll be allowed to make a graceful exit to big media at the end of her term. I would imagine that Blasio's staff has been working/spending overtime to hold the door open for Amazon

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    AOC on Twitter said:
    Yup. If you don’t like the #GreenNewDeal, then come up with your own ambitious, on-scale proposal to address the global climate crisis.

Until then, we’re in charge - and you’re just shouting from the cheap seats.

Make America Communist. If you don’t like it, come up with yer own plan. Because we’re in charge and you’re not.

Seriously, this ***** is getting so primaried. To overcome the oncoming slaughter, she gonna have to work with the progressive democrat funding machine to concoct an orders of magnitude greater funding scam than the one that put her in that seat.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    AOC is making quite the PITA of herself for the Democrats....

Top Bottom