• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    Well I certainly admire you for showing a stronger Christian attitude than I but we are not talking about something, bumping a neighbors car, cheating on taxes etc., we are talking about someone IN THE FIREARMS INDUSTRY who TOOK AWAY OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS to the benefit of his company. No 30 round mags, no bayo lugs, no 'assault' rifles. Yea 'dear' Bill pretty much outlawed everything that he DIDN'T sell.

Each to his own but that doesn't rate a "OOPS", or a "I am sorry."

As to your question about the Germans and Japs my father was also a Marine, Guadalcanal, and he would never buy a Jap car. I have a elderly neighbor who was the only family member who survived a Concentration camp.

You can forgive someone for a ACCIDENT but when someones actions are DELIBERATE, that puts things on another plane. As to you Ruger fans, spend your money as you see fit, most adults that remember 1994 do also.

First of all, Ruger did not take our rights away. No one can take our rights away. Are rights are bigger than any rule or law. The constitution simply tried to protect and recognize the rights that all humans should have the freedom to use and express, but still retain regardless if they can express them or not. That bill restricted our ability to use those rights for a short period of time....especially historically speaking. You seriously think that Bill Ruger (not a representative of the people) single handedly enacted a law? You do realize that there were lots of people involved in that bills passage. Do you keep a list of every single company and person that helped with the passage of the 1994 AWB to make sure you are consistent?

Do you own anything that has a component that was made in Mexico? Most things have a piece or two that was built in Mexico. If so, you are a traitor by your own definition. Because you do realize that we actually fought a real...blood on the ground war with Mexico...right? Remember the Alamo? Same thing for Korea & China (Korean War), which produces components in many, many items.

Do you own a TV? If so, then you sir are a traitor as well by your own definition. Because, out of all the companies who make TV's, only 1 company even assembles TV in the US anymore. And the components they assemble are made in China, Korea, Vietnam...all places that have directly opposed the US and killed our soldiers.

If you care so much for our ability to express our rights, you would also care about those who kill US soldiers...correct? Do you purchase anything (thereby financially supporting) any products that contain parts from any of the countries mentioned above? If so, then you too sir are a traitor by your own definition.

If you will not purchase anything from any company or any country that has ever done wrong to the US...then you will need to live a 17th century lifestyle and not own anything that has been mass produced in the past 50 years. If you truly believe what you are saying, that is.

If you can attest that you do not buy from any of the sources above, then your life must be lonely and you need to learn how to forgive. You do realize that hating someone after they are dead will only hurt you? Bill Ruger is dead, buried, six feet under, no longer with us. So hating on a whole company (most of which at this point never knew or met Bill) does not hurt anyone but you. I dare you...hate the most hatred you can ever hate and then multiply that by 1,000 while smothering it in hatred sauce while singing a hatred song and making a hatred salute while driving in the hatred mobile. Do you know what will happen to Bill Ruger.....STINK'N NOTHING...CAUSE HE'S DEAD!!!!!

A real man can do the hard thing, and forgive those who others do not believe deserve it.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Think I will give the Browning a try. Thanks to those that recommended it!

As to Ruger, he sold shooters AND OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS down the river for his own profit. Others can turn a cheek. I will leave that to Jesus and hope Bill is spending eternity where all American TRAITORS should be. I am amazed at the 'forgive and forget' attitude. I wonder where the Bill supporters draw the line. Would they forgive having their wife raped, child killed, house burned down, or 9/11? Some things you do NOT forgive.

Curious do you feel that way about Smith and Wesson, HK, and Colt? Or just Ruger

bdwc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Noblesville
    The Ruger MK3 is all that I've had experience with, but with a bucket of low dollar rounds (Remington Gold, I believe), I had great success, and it's a lot of fun to shoot. If I were currently in the market, that's the gun I'd go for.

IndianaRog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I have a Ruger Mark II competition slabside stainless and it is a great shooter ,very accurate, no jams 2.5 lbs trigger!

I have three .22 handguns I would never part with:

1) The Ruger Mark II competition slabside noted above (30,000 rounds so far and two barrels!)...topped it with a Hollosight and Volquartsen grip

2) S&W Model 41, the most accurate gun I have ever fired

3) S&W Model 617 revolver, as sweet a feeling gun as a fellow could ask for and tack driving accurate

All I feed them is Federal .22LR in the 550 bulkpacks that used to cost $8.99 at Walmart

Roger

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    That's a real nice Straw Man you've got there, and you clearly had fun demolishing it.

Bill Ruger retired in 2000, and died in 2002. Buying guns designed and manufactured after he stopped having any involvement in the company does not make one a "Bill supporter". Appreciating the products and direction of the company today does not make one a "Bill supporter".
    http://youtu.be/FFroMQlKiag

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    My "thus far" very reliable 22lrs
    GSG 1911 .22 (has threaded barrel, is a beast, it's never jammed...Round Count ~2000)
    Sig 522 (Threaded Barrel, bit more expensive, can't swear it's never jammed, but don't remember one, round count only 500ish)
    PPQ .22 (Not near as nice as normal PPQ, but has been almost flawless. Did some weird lock up thing on first mag, has never done it since, ~1000 rnds).

For the money, I love the GSG, wife loves it, friggin accurate, and just fun to shoot.

rlw9337

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Browning Buckmark works really well. I suggest you remote the rib, clean, and loctite the screws. If the rail gets loose the barrel and slide can be damaged. I do not know if a threaded barrel is available.

armyvet209

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    LAKE COUNTY
    I recently picked up a browning 1911-22 black label with a threaded barrel that I haven't had any problems with so far. Only a few hundred suppressed rounds so far but no issues. Also, and I think I'm in the minority, I haven't had any problems with my mosquito and it has several thousand rounds through it.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    The M&P 22 I got for my wife would only cycle CCI Mini Mag ammo so I used my dremel tool to polish all the places where the slide was making contact. Then I put the pistol away with the slide locked back. The following week we took it out and it shot every type of ammo it wouldn't shoot before without a single failure. I'm pretty happy with it now and my wife can't wait to shoot it again at FNS.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    You know Bill Ruger is still dead, right? and has nothing to do with the company? I don't know if you missed that part in the 9 posts ahead of mine that made it pretty clear.

I hope you don't own any S&W either, because of what they did in the 90's. Or any Dan Wessons, because they have "Wesson" in the name. Or CZs.

Or Beretta, because they sold their design for the 92 to Taurus.

Or a Kalashnikov rifle because they were designed by a communist.

Or a Colt, because paramilitary police forces issue them to their officers.

Or any Blackhawk accessories, because they share a name with the Blackhawk helicopter, which is in the title of the movie "Blackhawk Down," produced in Hollywood, and we know about Hollywood support of gun control.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom