• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    The OP has the right to his own personal choices. We all don't agree on everything do we? I still don't care to buy a gun from a company in an anti-gun state, be it S&W or anyone else, and I don't buy anything from an anti-gun state. There are people here on this site I would not buy from or sell to (not that I have ever sold a gun). After all, it's his money and his choice.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I hope Bilk Ruger dies for what he did.

Oh, dead still? Ok then. Time to move on.

Tell ya one thing though....I'll never trust the English for what they did at the Boston Massacre.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I'll never trust the US Army for what they did at Wounded Knee!

Geez. Different place, different times. If you want to hate, you can always find a target no matter how far back you need to dig!

Oh, and by they way, Ruger Mk III fan here!

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    My 22/45 does pretty well on high velocity ammo, but chokes on standard velocity, and is a pain to field strip.

My Buckmark camper, runs on either, and is much easier to clean. When it malfunctions it's time to clean

The Ruger SR-22 runs on either... haven't been able to buy enough ammo since I bought it to need to clean it yet.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    I'm glad to see the love for Smith & Wesson and Bill Ruger despite their past actions, and I add Cheaper Than Dirt to the same equation. :)

Bill Ruger is dead and the company did a 180 the moment he died.

Smith and Wesson have changed hands several times since Hillary drug them around by the balls. But they still have a Hillary hole for some reason.

Cheaper then Dirt as far as i can tell is still the same ****bag company?

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    Like I said, OP's money=his choice and my money=my choice. I don't expect everyone to agree, in fact, I would be disappointed if everyone did. Why? We are free people, at least for now. To each is own. I can and do live with that. See, not so hard is it?

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Like I said, OP's money=his choice and my money=my choice. I don't expect everyone to agree, in fact, I would be disappointed if everyone did. Why? We are free people, at least for now. To each is own. I can and do live with that. See, not so hard is it?

Sure. He asked for a recommendation of "a .22lr that works." Ruger is probably the best. That's why everybody is recommending it.

How hard is it to understand that Bill Ruger is dead? He died July 6, 2002.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I will go with a Ruger SR-22. I am pretty sure they can be had with non threaded and threaded barrels.
    Mine has been almost perfect, with about 700 rounds through it. A lot of people say the SR-22 will shoot just about
    anything, but mine is good with high velocity stuff only. I am always amazed at the accuracy, as long as you have good
    ammo in it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I like my Walther P22.

And FWIW, I don't much care about the politics of a dead man, when none of the guns I own earned him a single thin dime.

I may hate what he did in life, but once he's gone, I don't mind paying for something that does a good job for me.

If I did hold that much animosity, I think I'd print off a few pics of him and use them as targets. After his death.:)

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    MKIII, single-six, Had a Colt New Frontier that was Great. I've got a J.C. Higgins Hombre from the '60 that's decent.
    There are decent semi auto's out there, but if you want something that will eat anything I'd go with a revolver.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I'll forgive S&W when the Hillary Holes are gone. Actions speak louder than words. Until then, no new Smiths for me.

Come on S&W, get rid of the abomination and poke your finger in their eye! :ranton:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom