Anyone nervous about going to the range?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Just curious if anyone is worried about their safety at the range since Chris Kyle was tragically murdered by the gentleman he was helping. My friend and I were discussing it around the time it happened.

We both agreed that we're not really nervous, and his circumstances were a little different than ours would be, but that ultimately if you're at the range and someone else is there and goes crazy (so to speak) the same thing could easily happen.

Don't let the media convince you that the world is more dangerous today than it was last year, 5 years or 14 years ago.

Thats not to say that crazy things don't happen... you should always be as safe as possible, but the chances of being shot by a lunatic at the gun range is as likely as drowning in a pot of coffee. You can increase your chances by not taking someone suffering from severe PTSD with homicidal and suicidal tendencies to the range with you and handing him a loaded handgun.

I'd be most worried about the sudden influx of inexperienced first time gun owners who panic purchased breaking safety rules than I am of a nutbag looking to make it on wikipedia.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I'd be most worried about the sudden influx of inexperienced first time gun owners who panic purchased breaking safety rules than I am of a nutbag looking to make it on wikipedia.
    that and all the new reloaders who are now filling cases with powder without much idea of what they should be doing in order NOT to blow the gun up like a grenade.

as to the OP question, no I am not any more nor less worried now than before.
    Most of the time I am completely alone on the range for one thing.
    For another, I know where I am going when I die and it is a whole lot better than it is here...:yesway:

Top Bottom