• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    I love sushi. I also love sashimi. I also love a nice hot bowl of Miso soup to start it all off. I ask for an extra large helping of wasabi and order a bottle of good sake (the stuff that they serve you hot in the little ceramic container often isn't the best quality.) Good sake is often chilled. Sushi on the Rocks downtown Indy is a great place to get sushi and I also like Kona Grill in Clay Terrace in Westfield.

Good eatin'! :yesway:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    In knowing what it is ( not a big fish eater ) I could never try it. I would yak before I ever got it down.

I have a friend that hates fish, but loves sushi. Why? Sushi is(or should be) that there is NO fishy smell. She realized it was the smell she didnt like, and now she is a sushi nut, but wont touch LJS, lol

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I love sushi. I also love sashimi. I also love a nice hot bowl of Miso soup to start it all off. I ask for an extra large helping of wasabi and order a bottle of good sake (the stuff that they serve you hot in the little ceramic container often isn't the best quality.) Good sake is often chilled. Sushi on the Rocks downtown Indy is a great place to get sushi and I also like Kona Grill in Clay Terrace in Westfield.

Good eatin'! :yesway:

FYU, Sushi on the Rocks has discount Gift Certs on restaurant.com :rockwoot:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I have a friend that hates fish, but loves sushi. Why? Sushi is(or should be) that there is NO fishy smell. She realized it was the smell she didnt like, and now she is a sushi nut, but wont touch LJS, lol

LJS? Why would there be any fishy smell there? Deep fryers and batter, sure, but when did they start serving fish?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Thanks! I appreciate that heads up...saving food money = ammo money! :D

Or kid shoes...my little one is growing like a weed.

Oh well, both good purchases. :yesway:

Get on their mailing list too, they send out specials. I just picked up some Gift Certs for$3 for a $25 gift cert.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    LJS? Why would there be any fishy smell there? Deep fryers and batter, sure, but when did they start serving fish?

obama_isee.jpg

I don't eat bait! If God had wanted me to eat raw fish he wouldn't have given me fire!!!

Common misconception that all sushi is raw. And if you are using $15/lb ahi tuna for bait, then you can afford someone to fish for you :D

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Tried it several times and thought it was disgusting each time. I tried several different things each time. To me, it tastes worse than anything served at Long John's or KFC (and both of those make me want to puke/usually leave me on the toilet for hours). I have tried to find something I like but it was pretty disgusting.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Tried it several times and thought it was disgusting each time. I tried several different things each time. To me, it tastes worse than anything served at Long John's or KFC (and both of those make me want to puke/usually leave me on the toilet for hours). I have tried to find something I like but it was pretty disgusting.

Was it "real" sushi, or China Buffet sushi? China Buffet sushi is like a convenient store frozen hamburger, compared to a Bacon Cheeseburger from Bubs. Or a Ponderosa steak compared to Ruth's Chris..

You get my point? :D

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Was it "real" sushi, or China Buffet sushi? China Buffet sushi is like a convenient store frozen hamburger, compared to a Bacon Cheeseburger from Bubs. Or a Ponderosa steak compared to Ruth's Chris..

You get my point? :D

It was real sushi. I've never tried China Buffet sushi. At least I'd hope it was real sushi for how much I ended up paying. One place I've tried 2 times is suppose to be the best in the area and I've tried some when I was in Sydney, Australia. That place was a buffet of world cuisine but they had someone making fresh sushi while you waited. Disgusting.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    It was real sushi. I've never tried China Buffet sushi. At least I'd hope it was real sushi for how much I ended up paying. One place I've tried 2 times is suppose to be the best in the area and I've tried some when I was in Sydney, Australia. That place was a buffet of world cuisine but they had someone making fresh sushi while you waited. Disgusting.

Ah, just making sure :D

It's not for everyone..

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    My favorite place for sushi in Imdy is Sushi Club. It's on the west side by Ben Davis High School on 10th Street. They have an all you can eat option for weekdays at $19.99 and weekend menu for $21.99. Made to order and "eat until you happy".

It makes Sushi on the Rocks taste like garbage. Go for the weekend all you can eat no matter the day/hour. Their best rolls are on it. I typically will eat nothing until mid-afternoon and go to polish off 6 rolls and then I'm too fully to meat anything the rest of the night.

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    After trying 'sushi' out at a Chinese buffet, I thought it was terrible.
    Awhile later, I tried some at a sushi restaurant, and I've been addicted ever since.
    Wasabi is fantastic with sushi, but I typically dilute it with soy sauce (1:3-4).
    You'll probably want to ease into it with the tuna and salmon based rolls. If you're OK with those, then you'll probably be alright with the more exotic stuff.

That is my experience as well. Proud sushi addict since 2004. I wish I wouldn't have gotten my wife hooked...

Top Bottom