• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phrozen5100

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    IN
    Legend Buffet has all-you-can-eat sushi as well as Chinese buffet. Sushi there is prepared by an actual sushi chef, and it's pretty good. The best part? It's only about $6 for lunch.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've had sushi at a couple of very good sushi places but I haven't found anything I liked yet. My daughter absolutely adores unagi, though.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    The Tekki Maki rolls are delicious. Mix a little soy sauce with some wasabi and then set the roll sections into the bowl to soak up the soy & wasabi. Follow by large pulls on a Sapporo. It doesn't get much better than that!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm a big fan, although I haven't ventured much into the real exotic offerings. To my limited palate, Wasabi and Wild Orchid up in the north 'burbs both do a nice job; I used to like Sakura, but lately I think they've gone downhill a bit. Ichiban on Bash was a nice, inexpensive place, but they may have moved. I haven't tried the really high dollar places like H2O, Oceanaire, or others in Indianapolis that people have spoken about.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    LOVE good sushi. Believe it or not, you can get very good sushi in Terre Haute at the Umi Grill on 3rd Street/US 41. I need to try some of these Indy establishments you guys are pointing out. If any of you are new to sushi and going to try out the Umi, let me know and I'll help you with some suggestions for a first-timer. I've taken a lot of people there who said they didn't like sushi, and now they've been converted.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Being a country boy, I always thought that sushi would be gross too. Not the case at all. It is freakin' fantastic. Only down side is that there's so little of it.

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just go in with an open mind. Try to put aside the negative things you've heard, especially who've never tried it, but their friend did... By wanting to give it a try, you're halfway there. Enjoy!

This sounds wrong on so many levels. Sounds like it should be a banner on one of those marches. :laugh:

miles2253

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    North Webster
    Since I was sationed in Japan for three years, I have become some what of a sushi snob. That being said, the new Martin's they built in Warsaw actually has pretty good sushi.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Sushi is awesome! I had the "Yuck, raw fish!" mentality until I tried it a few years ago. Not all sushi is raw, and most of the cooked stuff Ive had is EXCELLENT! Once I really started liking the cooked sushi, I would branch out into the more traditional raw sushi, and its really surprising how good raw fish can be.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    It's not a "yuck, raw fish!" thing for me. I have a lot of friends who've gotten sick from bad sushi, and that severely diminishes my interest.

slimplmbr

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Greenfield
    Sushi ROCKS!!! The wife and I love it, our bank account hates it. If you are going to give sushi a try DO NOT try at a buffet type place first go to a sushi bar. I would reccommend Sapporo Japanese Steakhouse and Sushi Bar. Mr. Kim is an excellent itamae. We have always had excellent service and of all the sushi places we have been to, they were the best. A place I was truely disappointed with was Wasabi. Good luck with your sushi adventure and happy fishing!

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Love sushi. Favorite place after trying out at least 10 different sushi places in/around Indianapolis would be OceanWorld at 1206 W. 86th Street. My thought is you judge an ethnic restaurant by the number of ethnic people eating in the establishment. Such a thought has never let me down.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    My thought is you judge an ethnic restaurant by the number of ethnic people eating in the establishment.
    Does it have to be the same ethnicity? If you walk into a Chinese restaurant and see a bunch of Italians eating there, does that mean it's good or bad? :):;)

Top Bottom