• ...and so much more!
  • Reno316

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Muncie
    Love a plate of GOOD sushi.

Not all sushi is raw. Good sushi should not have a "fishy" flavor. The fishy flavor/smell comes from fish that has been frozen (the water and the oils in the meat separate when frozen, and don't recombine... the result is super-concentrated oils, which gives the fishy smell.)

Open mind, as others have said, and try something simple to start. California roll, Philly Roll, Alaska Roll...

It can get expensive, though. Which is the primary reason I don't eat sushi every other day.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Damn you guys. Now I really want to try more sushi.

I think me and my fiance are gonna hit up Kabuto's this sunday. I think Im gonna try the Alaska roll and maybe a Rainbow roll for my first raw sushi.

Any other suggestions?

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    Damn you guys. Now I really want to try more sushi.

I think me and my fiance are gonna hit up Kabuto's this sunday. I think Im gonna try the Alaska roll and maybe a Rainbow roll for my first raw sushi.

Any other suggestions?

Go to Sushi Club instead and bring your appetite for the all you can eat. You won't regret it.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Ingo you just lost your man card for this thread...

Need 3 new bacon threads by sun up or it will be permanently revoked.

Brb, gonna throw up again.

You DO realize that sushi isn't just raw fish, right? :dunno:

Sushi is the style of preparation, and assuming all sushi is raw, would be like assuming all sandwiches are hamburgers..

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Go to Sushi Club instead and bring your appetite for the all you can eat. You won't regret it.

I just want to try it first. If I really like it then I will venture further into it.

And besides I know I LOVE Yakisoba! So, if Im not huge on the raw sushi I can still enjoy one of my favorites.

bthacker24

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    I thought i would hate them, but my wife talked me into trying it. I actually really like it now. California rolls are good to start with.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    If God had meant for me to eat bait He wouldn't have given me fire!!!

:dunno:

Love a plate of GOOD sushi.

Not all sushi is raw. Good sushi should not have a "fishy" flavor. The fishy flavor/smell comes from fish that has been frozen (the water and the oils in the meat separate when frozen, and don't recombine... the result is super-concentrated oils, which gives the fishy smell.)

Open mind, as others have said, and try something simple to start. California roll, Philly Roll, Alaska Roll...

It can get expensive, though. Which is the primary reason I don't eat sushi every other day.

:cool:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Update. I tried raw sushi for the first time last sunday. My fiance and I went to Kubuto's and we got an Alaska roll and shared it.

It was very good. I was totally surprised by how much I liked it and so was my finace. Im really not much of a fish eater with the exception of shrimp, crab and lobster. I usually think its to "fishy" but you guys were right. Raw it isnt fishy at all.

I still got a big plate of Yakisoba.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Update. I tried raw sushi for the first time last sunday. My fiance and I went to Kubuto's and we got an Alaska roll and shared it.

It was very good. I was totally surprised by how much I liked it and so was my finace. Im really not much of a fish eater with the exception of shrimp, crab and lobster. I usually think its to "fishy" but you guys were right. Raw it isnt fishy at all.

I still got a big plate of Yakisoba.

:rockwoot:

Top Bottom