• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I had a hair over 100k Dogecoin that I bought when it was around ⅒ of a cent(so $100ish) and sold it off at 0.3¢

That would be about $70,000 today. Oof.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I had a hair over 100k Dogecoin that I bought when it was around ⅒ of a cent(so $100ish) and sold it off at 0.3¢

That would be about $70,000 today. Oof.
    Never feel guilty for taking profit. Feel guilty if you’re left holding the bag... which is going to happen to a lot of people I think.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I had 940 doge at .001 and sold it in 2018 for 1.83. If only I had held on. On a good note got back in at .045 with 226 and will hold. Once it crashes my sell off is $1 if it goes higher than that.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What’s the deal with mining? Is that still a thing? Expensive to get into and maintain?
    Depend on what you’re trying to mine. Bitcoin? Forget about it. A guy calculated it would take like a million years to mine one BTC with a commodore 64. The lowers you go down the rank for the most desirable crytos, the easier it will be to mine (as a general rule).

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Depend on what you’re trying to mine. Bitcoin? Forget about it. A guy calculated it would take like a million years to mine one BTC with a commodore 64. The lowers you go down the rank for the most desirable crytos, the easier it will be to mine (as a general rule).

I was thinking more Ethereum. Sound like it takes a pretty powerful (expensive) GPU to make it happen.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I was thinking more Ethereum. Sound like it takes a pretty powerful (expensive) GPU to make it happen.
    You better have a powerful setup, but honestly it’s probably not a bad thing to do if you have the tech. Ether is a major player and is only going to go up. Vitalik (sp?), made the platform with damn near infinite options.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    If anyone has a good grasp on NFT's and can it explain it to me like im 5 id love to hear it.

Friends with an artist who wants to get into that game. I see no logic in it, but they say its good for art because it cant be replicated and they can get a percentage of the profits every time it sells (that is good for the artist because they make profit with zero risk). I dont understand why anyone would buy it though. They paint a picture then sell that picture at profit, they also sell the nft at profit. From my understanding the painting and nft can be sold to different people. So lets say i buy an nft digital painting, what exactly do I have and what can I do with it other than sell it? Why would i pay (random #) $1000 usd for an nft, and take on all the risk that you'll become the next banksy and then when i go to cash in the nft you get a cut as well?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/tech/jack-dorsey-nft-tweet-sold/index.html

I mean what can anyone do with this? You cant put it up in your house and show off the first tweet to your friends. Are we just calling stuff valuable now for the hell of it? At least you can use snake oil bottles for target practice, what can you do with this?

7.5 mil? How? Is this just money laundering?

I know a race track is actually giving royalties to the owner of an nft they sold whenever a race is televised. But do you get royalties everytime the picture is used in other nfts? If so good luck hunting down and taking everyone to court who used the digital image you own.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    If anyone has a good grasp on NFT's and can it explain it to me like im 5 id love to hear it.

Friends with an artist who wants to get into that game. I see no logic in it, but they say its good for art because it cant be replicated and they can get a percentage of the profits every time it sells (that is good for the artist because they make profit with zero risk). I dont understand why anyone would buy it though. They paint a picture then sell that picture at profit, they also sell the nft at profit. From my understanding the painting and nft can be sold to different people. So lets say i buy an nft digital painting, what exactly do I have and what can I do with it other than sell it? Why would i pay (random #) $1000 usd for an nft, and take on all the risk that you'll become the next banksy and then when i go to cash in the nft you get a cut as well?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/tech/jack-dorsey-nft-tweet-sold/index.html

I mean what can anyone do with this? You cant put it up in your house and show off the first tweet to your friends. Are we just calling stuff valuable now for the hell of it? At least you can use snake oil bottles for target practice, what can you do with this?

7.5 mil? How? Is this just money laundering?

I know a race track is actually giving royalties to the owner of an nft they sold whenever a race is televised. But do you get royalties everytime the picture is used in other nfts? If so good luck hunting down and taking everyone to court who used the digital image you own.

sixGuns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 24, 2020
    Grabill
    Bought DOGE in Januaury, still up ~$0.47 against my average. My new strategy is to spend $50-$100 on a "popular" cheap coin and wait. Better than buying lottery tickets. Hodl'ing until it's life changing or to recoup my initial investment.

Top Bottom