• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I need a crash course in crypto. Been doing a lot of reading and I'm still not sure I understand it.
    A drop of 34% in a week, for an asset that wasn't a penny stock but rather over $55k per 'share', WAS your 'crash' course. Know your tolerance for risk

When there is no underpinning value to the asset other than contrived scarcity, caution is always indicated. If you want overnight riches, Tesla would have been a 'better' play, since there is actually some there, there

Remember, the best way to make a small fortune speculating in the market is to start with a large one

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    A drop of 34% in a week, for an asset that wasn't a penny stock but rather over $55k per 'share', WAS your 'crash' course. Know your tolerance for risk

When there is no underpinning value to the asset other than contrived scarcity, caution is always indicated. If you want overnight riches, Tesla would have been a 'better' play, since there is actually some there, there

Remember, the best way to make a small fortune speculating in the market is to start with a large one
    Since you said "overnight," I must disagree. Most crypto holders I imagine are speculating. I have a fair bet that more "normal" people have become rich from crypto, than Tesla.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Any theories on what caused the big dip recently? I haven’t been in the game long enough to see any trends.
    It was a coordinated attack to liquidate a large holder. They even posted the times when things would happen. Lots of discussions about what happened. people got wrecked yesterday.

Remember you only lose money if you sell. Strong hands!!!! diamond hands laser eyes. HODL.

Last edited:

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    What DO you understand? Here is Milton Friedman in ‘99. After I saw this vid in 2014, I was in!

And this is exactly why governments will all seek to control, outlaw or otherwise mess up cryptocurrencies.

cryptos are a threat to governments power and if there is anything that history should have taught us, it is that governments do not take threats to their power lightly.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And this is exactly why governments will all seek to control, outlaw or otherwise mess up cryptocurrencies.

cryptos are a threat to governments power and if there is anything that history should have taught us, it is that governments do not take threats to their power lightly.
    A currency that's not useful as a currency poses no threat at all.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

I thought this originally. No govt is able to control Bitcoin. Outlawing it is futile. Their best bet is to “try” regulating it, and even that, will have to be done by “gentleman’s agreement.”

Top Bottom