• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That isn't what a "Pro" is. Traders who spend full time in the market, analysts who spend full time with market info and data, investors who spend full time...

...see the common theme? Full time.

I know you're not a pro because you spend a lot of time on INGO. :) ...and I mean that in the nicest way....LOLOLOL

Then, Im missing how this is different than a comparison to the stock market... unless you hold the same belief, concerning that market as well.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    There is an investment industry, of which Wall Street is an obvious part. You and I are investors. But, for example, we didn't set up our trading links as close as physically possible to the exchange CPU's to shave microseconds off of our automated electronic trades...thereby capturing 100'ths of a basis point spread on our transactions over the decade.

There is a difference. I can throw a pass, but I'll never be Elway or Manning. To think I'm a great football player and have access to that world just because I can make a ball spiral is naive.

As one of our great Sec of Defense said: We don't know what we don't know.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There is an investment industry, of which Wall Street is an obvious part. You and I are investors. But, for example, we didn't set up our trading links as close as physically possible to the exchange CPU's to shave microseconds off of our automated electronic trades...thereby capturing 100'ths of a basis point spread on our transactions over the decade.

There is a difference. I can throw a pass, but I'll never be Elway or Manning. To think I'm a great football player and have access to that world just because I can make a ball spiral is naive.

As one of our great Sec of Defense said: We don't know what we don't know.

Trading the stock market is technically easy, but emotionally it's difficult. Your average person, trading 3X a week, with $1000 should with unbelievable ease turn that into $10k... and with a small amount of work $20K. Once you understand some simple things, have a plan, and stick to out by ignoring your emotions, it's easy money.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Whoa, impressive. Not many know about M-Pesa. I think that roadmap opened the doors to cryptos.

Thanks. I literally learned that two days ago while talking to one of my partners about crypto. He has been to Africa on a few mission trips. I did not know it was the first but I took a guess I got lucky

Prostitutes probably begin the first use of minutes as a currency

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    you can place limit orders so you don't have to sit there all the time if there's a set price you want to make a move at.

alpo, crypto is here to stay. The value remains to be seen. I think a lot of the alt-cioins will vanish to nothingness,but probably at least 10 will be permanent, more like 40-50 world-wide

BTC is currently about 44% of the entire crypto market. Wow. The trend right now seems to be trying to guess the alt-coin that's going to pop.

https://coinmarketcap.com/all/views/all/

sort that by largest % gain in last hour and look at their market caps. The POKECOIN (pokemon) is leading right now :rofl: Is that really going to exist as a viable currency? who knows. Or tittiecoin :D
    looking at that chart I'd gamble on MINT and HMQ. decent market caps,decent traded volume, cheap, recent large moves :twocents:

Doc, do you believe the underlying value of what you're investing in justifies the cost, and do you believe what you are investing in has a durable advantage over its competition to justify your faith in its continued appreciation?

Does the investment's entrained assets support all or most of the market valuation?

Then it's an investment. If you're in just because you believe you can sell to some other investor later for a gain, it's gambling. Consider cashing out long before you think you should

And remember you can still double your money in one pass of the wheel without exchange rates or fees or digital wallets.
    RED or BLACK

Can you really convince yourself that your coin based chances at profits are any less ephemeral?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Doc: I'm sure derivatives are here to stay. Back in the 80's and 90's (in another life) my company invested in a forward exchange contracts to protect overseas operating profits. It was a legitimate management tool. But you also have the other end of things: the speculators. They are there to make money off of money (generally other people's money at that). Without regulation, you end up with meltdowns. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_trading_losses

I can't tell you how many people I know who made money in the tech bubble in the 90's who felt they could do no wrong....that ended up with little to show for it 10 years later.

Be careful.

Don't quit your day job.

:yesway: "You know how to make a small fortune in the market? Start with a large fortune."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    oh i agree this is pure speculation for most of us. I'm old enough to remember the tech bubble, when profits didn't matter. Now we have an investment where assets don't matter :rofl:

these will be gaining steem though (see what I did there?). By mining I hope to continue buying in over time with limited of my own $$

"It's different this time"

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There aren't any "pros" in crypto. There are people that are more seasoned than others, but certainly no one who is some sort of guru who can regularly predict how the market will unfold. There's simply too much volatility in the space.

IDK, Lee seems to have known when the hammer was about to fall despite the serendipitous face he put on his sell-off

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    There is value in crypto, it is legitimate. Regarding individual coins, that is harder to guess which will survive. If I was investing, I would buy bitcoin. Since I'm speculating, I am buying cheap ones with upside potential. As I said, it is roulette, but your money stays on the table

Doc, do you believe the underlying value of what you're investing in justifies the cost, and do you believe what you are investing in has a durable advantage over its competition to justify your faith in its continued appreciation?

Does the investment's entrained assets support all or most of the market valuation?

Then it's an investment. If you're in just because you believe you can sell to some other investor later for a gain, it's gambling. Consider cashing out long before you think you should

And remember you can still double your money in one pass of the wheel without exchange rates or fees or digital wallets.
    RED or BLACK

Can you really convince yourself that your coin based chances at profits are any less ephemeral?

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Trading the stock market is technically easy, but emotionally it's difficult. Your average person, trading 3X a week, with $1000 should with unbelievable ease turn that into $10k... and with a small amount of work $20K. Once you understand some simple things, have a plan, and stick to out by ignoring your emotions, it's easy money.

That all sounds good. It doesn't happen though. You are beginning to sound like:
    tony-robbins-explains-how-he-sustains-energy-with-no-stimulants-and-little-sleep.jpg

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Here is another thing I don't understand. What causes the value of a coin to rise in value? Any coin.

Just like stocks, fixed number of them available, if more people want to buy them than want to sell the price Goes up. If you're looking for a legitimate investments, find a coin that is being used for purchase transactions on websites. Also ones that are tied to real assets in some way

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That all sounds good. It doesn't happen though. You are beginning to sound like:
    tony-robbins-explains-how-he-sustains-energy-with-no-stimulants-and-little-sleep.jpg

Well, here's simple. in order to make $20K, you have to average a 2% return on your $1000 3X a week, which you are limited to due to the PDT rule. 3Xs at just 2%, you can do that fairly easily if you understand technical analysis, and it gets easier if you understand fundamental analysis, using Japanese candles. I taught myself to trade, after reading a few books, watching the market for a few weeks, and then jumping in. I made significantly more than the $20K starting off with $1K... but to be fair, my emotions aren't involved, because I'm in fairly good shape financially. I have a plan and stick to it. If something exceeds my cash out, I don't chase it. If something goes under my 3% stop/loss, I don't remove it with the hopes it goes back up.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    Dang ripple, it was the one I put most in. that's what I get for listening to gun forum people :D you shouldn't listen to me either
    Oh no not ripple. No one buys that it's the bankers coin. Everyone knows that verge is the one.....

there will be a new "one" in 24hrs. Lol

just hold and all will be fine.

Top Bottom