• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I would hope so, lol. If I walked into a shop OC'ing and they asked me not to OC they'd lose a customer for life. I've never had it happen, but the idea a gun shop wouldn't allow carry (in any form) is ridiculous to me.

And yet, there are plenty of shops that are posted "no loaded firearms". Popguns, for example, has a prominent sign stating thus.

Bear1023

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Kokomo
    How will we loose this right? I don't take advantage of OC for several reasons

1. I don't want to draw attention to myself

2. I think OC would put me at a tactical disadvantage

3. I want to carry in places where maybe I'm "not supposed to be carrying" and with OC there is no way I could be in those places.

4. Don't want to be a part of a "man with a gun" situation

Are you suggesting in order to keep this right we need to go out once in a while OC to show Indiana it is legal? Is there an effort trying to get rid of open carry in Indiana? Thanks for you post Prometheus
    3. I want to carry in places where maybe I'm "not supposed to be carrying" and with OC there is no way I could be in those places.

Here's an idea, If you aren't supposed to be carrying there....Don't. I personally OC 80% of the time. I dont do it to show off, or bring attention to myself. As for the "man with a gun situation" As long as you are not waving it around or acting like a fool, you should be alright. That's just my opinion and we all know everyone has one.

indoorsoccerfrea

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    I think a lot of this has to boil down to where you live. Can you imagine me OCing in Carmel walking through Clay Terrace on a Saturday. Educating people or not I don't want the attention. If you live in certain parts of the state I'm sure this works better and by all means it is your right to do so. For me I just don't need the attention and don't feel like educating people or fielding questions. Also I don't want the Carmel Cops up my ***. I feel fine carrying concealed. To each his own
    thumbsup.gif

I've open carried through clay terrace, not a single issue. The carmel cops don't seem to have a problem with it in my experience...*crosses fingers*

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    OC is for attention seekers.

Everybody look at me!:D

This has got to be a record for thread resurrection.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    None, save the possibility of a potential aggressor being deterred by seeing the firearm.

Would a person seeing a 380 Berreta out in the open day light who is intent on killing you and robbing you, flee screaming in terror while urinating down their leg like they do when I play a recording of me racking the slide of my 12 guage shotgun several times like they do in the movies?

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Would a person seeing a 380 Berreta out in the open day light who is intent on killing you and robbing you, flee screaming in terror while urinating down their leg like they do when I play a recording of me racking the slide of my 12 guage shotgun several times like they do in the movies?

Why not just OC the shotgun? :D

OldFaithful

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Starke County
    Hi there, I may be a newbie, but I'd be glad to see more OC! I have never yet done it, but after reading some of these comments and talking it over with a friend or two...I'm thinking about it!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Dang "Zombie" Threads...

You think they are dead, and then BANG they are pounding at the door, crashing through the windows and lumbering right for your brains.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Wow a bunch of guys talking crap about oc'ing, what else is new?! I open carry sometimes with a Bladetech paddle holster a fullsize M+P .40 nightsights, love the combo! When I Florida I use a MTAC and Walther PPS 9mm, crappy combo but it works.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Why not just OC the shotgun? :D

It's too heavy and not required. If I can't whip a guy while he's dropped his drawers cleaning out all the excretement the sound of a pump shot I'll just show him a picture, that would probably give him a heart attack.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Hi there, I may be a newbie, but I'd be glad to see more OC! I have never yet done it, but after reading some of these comments and talking it over with a friend or two...I'm thinking about it!

NOOOOOO!!!!
    You can't do that! We've been told that these OC/CC discussions never change anybody's mind!!

(actually, I'm pretty sure that's how most of us decided to OC, having previously only carried concealed, then reading reasoning and experiences on both sides. I know that's true for myself anyway.)

:welcome:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom