Anyone else not care about the Super Bowl?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoshooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Think of all the glorious action of the past that you've missed - The commercials that everyone else will be chatting about tomorrow, The aging mothballed rockers at halftime (Who???)

And to think, the Budweiser frogs got their start on a night like this?

Too bad all that centers around a pro-sports game. But there will be some great commercials to watch tonight!

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I would rather play football...then to watch it on TV and bask in some one elses glory. But I guess to each his own.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    Ummmm....yeah.... wouldn't we all....

but I'm too old and my kids are in basketball or weight-lifting getting ready for next season....

Too Old? at 41 I was just hitting my stride and benching 300 lbs.
    At 61...I still lift weights at least 3 times a week...granted I will never see 300 lbs again.

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    whats a superbowl? never watched 5 minutes of any ball sport in my life, not going to start now.

wow, it's amazing to see this, I really thought I was about the only person, I've tried and tried to watch sports, but I can't seem to be interested in it at all. I'll be drinking some beers today, but watching spongebob with the kids instead... :D

CW9

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    Greenwood
    I played football in middle school and in high school. But now I find myself not caring at all. I rather spend that 4 or 5 hours doing something productive and useful.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    wow, it's amazing to see this, I really thought I was about the only person, I've tried and tried to watch sports, but I can't seem to be interested in it at all. I'll be drinking some beers today, but watching spongebob with the kids instead... :D
    Yep....been there myself, watched many a spongebob with my kids.
    Now they are 22 and 20...so I have to watch it by myself.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Too Old? at 41 I was just hitting my stride and benching 300 lbs.
    At 61...I still lift weights at least 3 times a week...granted I will never see 300 lbs again.

good for you, my service wasn't as kind to me with three bad lower disks and yet another knee surgery coming...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    It will be on in the background. My girlfriend is watching it and I'm going to be studying for a sociology exam. I really do not care about ball sports on TV. I play tennis/raquet ball and that's my extent of ball sports. X Games style stuff yes because that takes real talent.
    I agree with the statement about people needing hope and reason... If these die hard football fan prayed as much as they worshiped their favorite teams this world couuld be in a lot better place.

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    Yep....been there myself, watched many a spongebob with my kids.
    Now they are 22 and 20...so I have to watch it by myself.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

haha, there's definetly nothing wrong with catching a little spongebob here and there. At times i'll hardly realize the kids have been out of the room for a good 20 minutes, and there i am, still watching it... :dunno:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    haha, there's definetly nothing wrong with catching a little spongebob here and there. At times i'll hardly realize the kids have been out of the room for a good 20 minutes, and there i am, still watching it... :dunno:
    Just tell the kids not to follow Patricks example!

sianbrimons

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Elkhart
    Just tell the kids not to follow Patricks example!

haha, they prefer the over dramatic attitude of squidward, because you know at 4 years old, it's the end of the world when you don't get to play Wii. What ever happened to the days of going outside to play in the snow? All the kids in the family are zombies to video games, especially Halo, they're zombies for hours and hours...:ar15:

Top Bottom