Anyone else not care about the Super Bowl?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tedbower

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    mooresville
    Now they are talking about a possible strike next year, the owners are not making enough money and the players don't want to take a cut . In an economy like this with unemployment over 10 % . They can kiss my a$$

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I like the Colts but Ill prob be flipping between the game and something I find more interesting like the history channel.I thought the stadium was a waste of money to build, just so they can host a superbowl and put it on the taxpayers dime. Im a fan of the owner of the Cowboys for HIM funding HIS business!

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I could give two sh*ts about football and the Colts.
    I'm completely amazed how many follow the Colts and are such devoted fans, all the while they raped us of our tax dollars that we will never get back.
    The taxpayers paid for the stadium, at least the majority of it...I see this no differently than following a politician that steals our money for their unnecessary programs.

Indiana native Forrest Lucas announced that his company Lucas Oil had purchased the naming rights for $121 million over 20 years.
    The total cost of Lucas Oil Stadium was $720 million[3]. The stadium is being financed with funds raised by the State of Indiana and the City of Indianapolis, with the Indianapolis Colts providing $100 million.Marion County has raised taxes for food and beverage sales, auto excise taxes, innkeeper's taxes and admission taxes for its share of the costs. Meanwhile, an increase in food and beverage taxes in the eight surrounding doughnut counties (with the exception of Morgan County) and the sale of Colts license plates.

In August 2006, a problem was discovered concerning operating costs of the new stadium. The city's Capital Improvement Board estimates that the new stadium could cost an additional $10 million more a year to operate than the RCA Dome.[17]
    The CIB is anticipating a $20 million operating deficit for Lucas Oil Stadium in 2009. Anticipated expenses are $27.7 million—far outstripping the $7.7 million CIB expects to collect from its share of revenue from stadium events.[18] There is concern over the long-standing implications due to low rent payments by the Colts and the high percentage of revenue the Colts keep.

GO COLTS :rolleyes:

+1000 to what he said

Time to fire up the 1050 and do something important - BUILD AMMO:rockwoot:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    wow this is like therapy, I thought I was the only "guy" on the planet that could care less about this. I was convinced I was close to having my status as a man revoked, since apparently it is not a "lifetime permit" kind of thing (or at least that is how my wife explains it). Thanks for the posts guys.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I could give two sh*ts about football and the Colts.
    I'm completely amazed how many follow the Colts and are such devoted fans, all the while they raped us of our tax dollars that we will never get back.
    The taxpayers paid for the stadium, at least the majority of it...I see this no differently than following a politician that steals our money for their unnecessary programs.

Indiana native Forrest Lucas announced that his company Lucas Oil had purchased the naming rights for $121 million over 20 years.
    The total cost of Lucas Oil Stadium was $720 million[3]. The stadium is being financed with funds raised by the State of Indiana and the City of Indianapolis, with the Indianapolis Colts providing $100 million.Marion County has raised taxes for food and beverage sales, auto excise taxes, innkeeper's taxes and admission taxes for its share of the costs. Meanwhile, an increase in food and beverage taxes in the eight surrounding doughnut counties (with the exception of Morgan County) and the sale of Colts license plates.

In August 2006, a problem was discovered concerning operating costs of the new stadium. The city's Capital Improvement Board estimates that the new stadium could cost an additional $10 million more a year to operate than the RCA Dome.[17]
    The CIB is anticipating a $20 million operating deficit for Lucas Oil Stadium in 2009. Anticipated expenses are $27.7 million—far outstripping the $7.7 million CIB expects to collect from its share of revenue from stadium events.[18] There is concern over the long-standing implications due to low rent payments by the Colts and the high percentage of revenue the Colts keep.

GO COLTS :rolleyes:

EXACTLY ^^^^

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    Real men (and women) are putting their lives on the line 24/7 defending this country of ours and our way of living....Just sayin":patriot:

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Real men (and women) are putting their lives on the line 24/7 defending this country of ours and our way of living....Just sayin":patriot:

And they are never far from my thoughts! :patriot:

It does not mean I should not watch a football game. :twocents:

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I could care less as well. It won't mean a THING tomorrow. Tomorrow people will go back to looking for the next 'something' to give them hope and reason. There are real things in life that are completely exciting that aren't publicized. Having a wonderful family, loving them and being the man you are supposed to be in their lives is a wonderful thing; and, it's more fulfilling than the emptiness of watching someone ELSE perform in life. I live life, I don't watch it.

I watch football at my mom and dad's house with our group of friends. I *do* love my friends and family more than anything, and that's why I watch football. With them.

And they are never far from my thoughts! :patriot:

It does not mean I should not watch a football game. :twocents:

Ditto. I respect those fighting overseas - many of them football fans!

And then, there's the football players that are fans of those overseas:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSvTHPbfn34[/ame]

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I would be hard pressed to care less about the SB. Today I cut down a tree, got it dragged back to the mill, got a rick's worth of firewood from the top, flew my model helicopter, replaced a fuel line on one of my chainsaws, did some work in the shop, and now I'm going to do some shooting and then I'm going to mill some more lumber then do some more work in the shop.

A day well spent.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    We're an outdoors and sports family. Camping, fishing, hunting, shooting, football, baseball, basketball...

HELL YEAH we'll be watching the SuperBowl!

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I don't give a flyin' fart at the moon about football or any other professional spectator sport. I can think of few things more pointless, and I'm a World of Warcraft player.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I have been sweating out the wine flu I contracted last night. So another half hour of cardio then some weights and a shower.

If I'm feeling well enough I'll go shoot - but I won't be eating junk in front of a tv tonight. And I think I drank my monthly alotment last night, so I'm dry for the rest of february.

Top Bottom