Anyone else not care about the Super Bowl?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'd rather go shooting, but my wife said no. She said if I'm not going to watch the Super Bowl I have to spend time with her. I said, ok, then grab your sig and lets go! She said what about the kids? I said, "well, mom's gonna watch the Super Bowl and all the pre-shows, so bring them along. They can shoot too." She said no. :dunno: I can't win for losing here. :rolleyes:

So, is anyone else not watching the Super Bowl? Not watching but wanna watch? Watching but rather go doing something else?

Wanna baby sit my kids so I can go shooting? :):

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Don't give a rat's rear. Bengals aren't in it, so phooey.

Oh... my wife said I can go shooting. Neener, neener!! Only condition is I have to take her with me. Oh, darn LOL.

She's gonna burn some .45s through her Rock. I've got some .38s loaded up for the Security Six, some factory .357s just for extra noise, and some 110 gr SJHP reloads. That last could prove interesting... 9 grains of W231 behind it, loaded to 1.585". According to Lee, max is 8.8 gr of 231 loaded to 1.540", the Lyman book I got the load from says 8.9gr is a starting load at 1.590". I'm kind of hoping for about 1150 fps, and a mild shooting load, and really hoping it's not a barn burner like Lee would indicate... loaded as long as they are, I'm betting (a lot!!) on the Lyman book. Sean has the .38s he loaded yesterday, his very first reloads, and is looking forward to shooting them. He's also taking his Sears Model 1, Cathy is taking her little Rossi, and I'm taking my Mossberg Plinkster in case we aren't too frozen and still feel the urge for some .22 goodness.

We'll be thinking of you :D

Here's hoping we don't get stuck in the snow!

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I could care less as well. It won't mean a THING tomorrow. Tomorrow people will go back to looking for the next 'something' to give them hope and reason. There are real things in life that are completely exciting that aren't publicized. Having a wonderful family, loving them and being the man you are supposed to be in their lives is a wonderful thing; and, it's more fulfilling than the emptiness of watching someone ELSE perform in life. I live life, I don't watch it.

I'd rather go shooting, but my wife said no. She said if I'm not going to watch the Super Bowl I have to spend time with her. I said, ok, then grab your sig and lets go! She said what about the kids? I said, "well, mom's gonna watch the Super Bowl and all the pre-shows, so bring them along. They can shoot too." She said no. :dunno: I can't win for losing here. :rolleyes:

So, is anyone else not watching the Super Bowl? Not watching but wanna watch? Watching but rather go doing something else?

Wanna baby sit my kids so I can go shooting? :):

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    i have never cared for sports. my heros have actually contributed to society. Astronauts, writers, scientists, etc. I watch the super bowl for the comercials. However living in Indy i can't help but get caught up in the Colts hoopla.Go Colts!!!:rockwoot:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :+1: i couldnt care less about the super bowl! i love sports mainly hockey and baseball, but i couldnt care less about either of the teams in the super bowl this year.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    If the Cowboys had made it, I'd watch. Otherwise, I don't really care. I don't like watching pro sports anyway because THey're a bunch of overpaid whiners. If it was pure, I'd watch it. Like HS sports or some college sports. But pro sports is just bs anymore.

I'd rather be shooting.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i usually am pumped up for the super bowl. this year ive only watched one complete game so im not to excited about it. i do enjoy watching football but only when i have followed the whole season

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I could give two sh*ts about football and the Colts.
    I'm completely amazed how many follow the Colts and are such devoted fans, all the while they raped us of our tax dollars that we will never get back.
    The taxpayers paid for the stadium, at least the majority of it...I see this no differently than following a politician that steals our money for their unnecessary programs.

Indiana native Forrest Lucas announced that his company Lucas Oil had purchased the naming rights for $121 million over 20 years.
    The total cost of Lucas Oil Stadium was $720 million[3]. The stadium is being financed with funds raised by the State of Indiana and the City of Indianapolis, with the Indianapolis Colts providing $100 million.Marion County has raised taxes for food and beverage sales, auto excise taxes, innkeeper's taxes and admission taxes for its share of the costs. Meanwhile, an increase in food and beverage taxes in the eight surrounding doughnut counties (with the exception of Morgan County) and the sale of Colts license plates.

In August 2006, a problem was discovered concerning operating costs of the new stadium. The city's Capital Improvement Board estimates that the new stadium could cost an additional $10 million more a year to operate than the RCA Dome.[17]
    The CIB is anticipating a $20 million operating deficit for Lucas Oil Stadium in 2009. Anticipated expenses are $27.7 million—far outstripping the $7.7 million CIB expects to collect from its share of revenue from stadium events.[18] There is concern over the long-standing implications due to low rent payments by the Colts and the high percentage of revenue the Colts keep.

GO COLTS :rolleyes:

Top Bottom