• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I realize that there are a lot of people who can't afford to have kids that do, but that needs to be their problem not anyone else's. The only one who should have to pay a cent for a child are the parents of the child. The real question is, if someone has a child that can't afford it, how do you make it financially only hurt the parent and not the child without burdening the tax payers. This is why welfare needs to come with a mandatory vasectomy and a mandatory 40 hr's a week community service.
    And you don't think that goes against the grain of the very principles this country was founded on? Forced vasectomy and community service for having children? Wow... that's really classy...

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    And you don't think that goes against the grain of the very principles this country was founded on? Forced vasectomy and community service for having children? Wow... that's really classy...

This country was not founded on taxes either, actually that was what we were trying to get away from, and yet here we are. Your argument is invalid. And only welfare needs to come with a mandatory vasectomy and community service. The people of this country are starting to become sick of giving something for nothing just to have a new generation get raised on getting something for nothing. So since you either didn't understand what I said, or didn't read it, that part of your argument is also invalid.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    We've had one kid, and we're pretty much decided that's where we're stopping. She's 7 years old, and we're happy with the family we have. I'd almost be upfront and say that we feel that way for selfish reasons. We don't want to start over with the baby stuff, and we're just now to the point with our daughter where we're really gelling as a family. A new baby would upset the balance. I don't want to judge others decisions because I can't walk in their shoes. That's their burden to bear. But as for me, I look forward to being 45 with an empty nest.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I haven't read this whole thread, but my two cents are, if you want to have kids, have as many as you can afford. If you don't want to have kids, right on too. I have no children, but I come from a large family. I know that at least at this pont in my life, I don't have what it takes to raise a child. And I'm not necessarily talking about resources, money and whatnot, but I have NO drive or desire at this point to maintain accountability for another human being, I just don't have it in me. It's not a decision that I came to lightly either. Children can best be described as a bottomless pit of need (they are also one of life's greatest joys too), and I would be doing a disservice to the child to have one at this point. It's not selfish I just know that I don't have it in me to care for a child. Some people have the capacity others do not. There's no shame in it.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    This country was not founded on taxes either, actually that was what we were trying to get away from, and yet here we are. Your argument is invalid. And only welfare needs to come with a mandatory vasectomy and community service. The people of this country are starting to become sick of giving something for nothing just to have a new generation get raised on getting something for nothing. So since you either didn't understand what I said, or didn't read it, that part of your argument is also invalid.

I'm pretty sure I understand your argument clearly... you don't think you should have to involuntarily give ANYTHING to the good of your country... I suggest you do some deep reading into history if you think the founding of this country was to 100% get away from taxes, you have a deep misunderstanding of history if you really feel that way. I think every single person with any lick of sense understands that we cannot be a functioning country, state, county without some form of taxation. Taxes have been around as long as people have, get used to them. That being said, this country was founded on equality, and one of the most basic foundations of equality is ensuring everybody has the chance to get a proper education. Just like guns are the great equalizer in a physical confrontation, education is the great equalizer that gives people a chance at being successful in life. It is their decision if they want to use that education for good, bad, or not at all.

I do agree completely on the welfare though. There are legitimate needy people, and there are welfare leaches. I don't think we should be "forced" to pay for either group; but there is one group I would willingly help.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I haven't read this whole thread, but my two cents are, if you want to have kids, have as many as you can afford. If you don't want to have kids, right on too. I have no children, but I come from a large family. I know that at least at this pont in my life, I don't have what it takes to raise a child. And I'm not necessarily talking about resources, money and whatnot, but I have NO drive or desire at this point to maintain accountability for another human being, I just don't have it in me. It's not a decision that I came to lightly either. Children can best be described as a bottomless pit of need (they are also one of life's greatest joys too), and I would be doing a disservice to the child to have one at this point. It's not selfish I just know that I don't have it in me to care for a child. Some people have the capacity others do not. There's no shame in it.

Repped.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We've had one kid, and we're pretty much decided that's where we're stopping. She's 7 years old, and we're happy with the family we have. I'd almost be upfront and say that we feel that way for selfish reasons. We don't want to start over with the baby stuff, and we're just now to the point with our daughter where we're really gelling as a family. A new baby would upset the balance. I don't want to judge others decisions because I can't walk in their shoes. That's their burden to bear. But as for me, I look forward to being 45 with an empty nest.

When my wife decided we were getting pregnant (and yes you big dummy's...most woman "Want" to have kids) I saw a 1 child family as a half baked cookie. I put in a request for at least 1 more. Kids need siblings.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Regardless of what info he's added, how does it change your situation?

Instead of coming off as stuck up and selfish to me, because he said he enjoyed living responsibility free and saving his pennies as reasons for not wanting kids. If he had said we tried and medical reasons prevent us from having kids then I wouldn't of thought what I originally thought, since my wife and I have issues trying to conceive and seeing a post like that coming up to our own, and conclusions I'm sure you could see where we are coming from.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why, CM? I don't think there's a right number and wrong number of kids. One is just right for some families, just like none or four or ten is right for some families.

I agree but having someone to kick it with to me is a part of being a kid. I grew up in a small house with 4 siblings. It had a lot to do with shaping who I am. Every part of child hood is a learning/molding experience. The only child kids I know have to a person expressed they would have liked to have a sibling if for no other reason than to have a scrape goat......:)
    My kids are very close. They have each others back at all times.

It is just the way I see the world.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Instead of coming off as stuck up and selfish to me, because he said he enjoyed living responsibility free and saving his pennies as reasons for not wanting kids. If he had said we tried and medical reasons prevent us from having kids then I wouldn't of thought what I originally thought, since my wife and I have issues trying to conceive and seeing a post like that coming up to our own, and conclusions I'm sure you could see where we are coming from.

I do.

So many ways to look at this. Perspective will vary.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Funny how this thread has evolved. Without airing all the family's dirty laundry, I know kids can be a blessing for some (like me) and a curse (for my dad's dad's family). I know siblings can be your best friend (like my brother) and someone you loathe and die never having contact with them again (my dad's brother). People are people; some are wonderful and some -- not so much. How you view the situation certainly seems to depend on your own experiences.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It doesn't have to suck. I was an only child, and I never missed having siblings.

That is great. Not knocking the only child thing. My life was overflowing with things due to siblings. I was the oldest. I was the protector. I was the trainer. I was the drill Sargent. I also stepped in and took the hits for them from over bearing parents. So many things that shaped and molded me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Funny how this thread has evolved. Without airing all the family's dirty laundry, I know kids can be a blessing for some (like me) and a curse (for my dad's dad's family). I know siblings can be your best friend (like my brother) and someone you loathe and die never having contact with them again (my dad's brother). People are people; some are wonderful and some -- not so much. How you view the situation certainly seems to depend on your own experiences.

Bingo...rep NAZI monster has me locked out.
    I had 1 brother and he was worthless. Still my brother. Drank himself to death. Worthless but still my brother.
    There are 3 of use still breathing. 1 I stay in touch with. 1 not so much. Lifes path.

Top Bottom