Any WalMarts selling guns in Central and Southern Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I was in the Paoli, IN Walmart around 08/25...they had two rotating cases of long guns (mostly 12 Ga,muzzle loaders and .22, but others as well)

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    Seymour probably has the best selection of guns and ammo that I have seen at any Walmart. Probably the best overall sporting goods section also. You can usually even find someone to help you pretty quickly. Columbus on 10th is pretty good too and the fella that is usually working the gun counter when I go in is always helpful. They just seem to sell out of the ammo I need alot more often.

rush176

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Seymour Walmart is actually pretty good. They did have a two box limit on ammo for a while. Now they actually keep ammo in stock. I person can usually find 9mm, .40, .22, shotgun shells, .38 special and .223. They also have shotguns and rifles. Staff is always friendly. Plus we have Acme and BassMasters. So usually not a problem getting what I need when I need it.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    Paoli always has guns, as Lex said. Right now they have one 10/22, a .270, .22mag, 30.06....and a bunch of shotguns.
    They just did a "redo" of that store and increased the size of the sporting goods section. They always have 9mm, .22, .40, .45, .223, .22-250 and all kinds of shotgun ammo in stock.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Paoli always has guns, as Lex said. Right now they have one 10/22, a .270, .22mag, 30.06....and a bunch of shotguns.
    They just did a "redo" of that store and increased the size of the sporting goods section. They always have 9mm, .22, .40, .45, .223, .22-250 and all kinds of shotgun ammo in stock.

Yes, and when I was there I actually witnessed someone buying several boxes of .380 (last they had, of course)

Rescue912

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Lafayette
    walmart in Greencastle has rilfle shotguns muzzleloaders and you can orfer anything from here for 50% up front

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/if/hmp/fusion/SpecialOrderGunCatalog.pdf

They've got a blue mini-14 that seems to yell at me everytime I walk by it. The gun counter is NOT out of my way to get bread or milk.

Just called my local stores and they aren't aware of being able to order anything ... yet. Hopefully that will change, I need (well, want) a few things.

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County

Not to mention the pink cricket 22 that my daughters want. It's nice being able to get a few inches away from the ammo.

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Evansville East Side wally world only has a few muzzleloaders, West side still sells rifles and shotguns i believe but havent been there in over a year.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    i have to go look again at the avon walmart but when the remodled 1.5 years ago they barely sold ammo. the didnt have any muzzle loaders. they must have brought some back in the past few months. plainfield only sell air rifles.
    the ones in ky have just about every thing and they said they can get me almost anything. the one in tomskinville ky has a weatherby rifle.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Shelbyville WM last night had a rack of six or seven muzzle loaders. They've recently remodeled and I wasn't expecting any firearms there aside from the air rifles and paintball, but this might be changing.

Their ammo case is fairly full, unless you're looking for 9mm JHP. A couple of weeks ago, one of the sporting goods guys looked through their inventory for me and they had an odd number for their "shelf availablilty" - the amount they try to keep on hand - so he changed it to a higher number hoping that would help them get it in from the warehouse. However, he said that the warehouse was low too, so it's not surprising that JHP at WM is hard to find.

Also, the west side Columbus WM probably will not be selling firearms for the foreseeable future. When they built the store a few years ago, they did build a gun safe in the back, but because the one on 10th still sold guns, the company decided to not sell guns there. They brought a guy over from the east store to the west store specifically because he could do the sales, then decided it wasn't worth it. He's still hopeful they'll change their minds, especially since that WM is closer to Brown County, and the highway where everyone going to Brown County comes in at, but he's not holding his breath. Probably not going to happen until they go through a remodel, but that's not supposed to happen until 2012 as far as I know.

Top Bottom