Any WalMarts selling guns in Central and Southern Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dodgerdoob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    Bloomington
    I know there are Muzzleloaders at Bloomington, lots of shotgun ammo. Its hit or miss on pistol rounds. I don't think they have any modern firearms, but I can't recall off hand.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Thank you all guys. Columbus and hopefully Avon are not too far. Jubba I can't see how any walmart can lose money selling guns these days but who am I to tell them.:ingo: Hope the tide is turning indeed. That would help keep the gunshop prices more competitive.

Actually what this will do is keep the local gun shops from carrying the same guns as Walmart. Small locally owned gun shops don't have the buying power that Walmart has....I can remember when I was an FFL dealer, (4 years ago) my cost on the same guns that Walmart carried was very close or at the same price that Walmart was selling to the public. You can't compete with Walmart ...most of the time they are buying direct from the manufacture in large volumes. The little guy usually has to go through a distributor which has their mark up in the price. Probably the only firearm stores that can compete with Walmart will be the big box type of sporting goods stores ...like Dick's, Gander Mountain, Bass Pro & Cabelas.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Actually what this will do is keep the local gun shops from carrying the same guns as Walmart. Small locally owned gun shops don't have the buying power that Walmart has....I can remember when I was an FFL dealer, (4 years ago) my cost on the same guns that Walmart carried was very close or at the same price that Walmart was selling to the public. You can't compete with Walmart ...most of the time they are buying direct from the manufacture in large volumes. The little guy usually has to go through a distributor which has their mark up in the price. Probably the only firearm stores that can compete with Walmart will be the big box type of sporting goods stores ...like Dick's, Gander Mountain, Bass Pro & Cabelas.

That is exactly right, I was shooting the **** with Russ at Ranger Supply in Ft Wayne one day and he said the same thing. He said they dont carry the same stuff that Gander and Dicks have in Ft Wayne just because they cant compete.

merkava1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Bloomington offers airguns and maybe ML, absolutely no modern firearms. This is the case I think all the way down SR37 from Indy to Bedford.

Went today to Columbus east as advised by a kind member. Bought Swiss-made 9 mm ammo, and that ain't bad. Saw a Mini 14 for 600+, too bad I am not in the market for a .223 semiato. I dig Walmart. It should sell more mainstream stuff, so gunshops may focus on hard-to-get specialty items. The Walmart catalog looks impressive courtesy of another good fellow member, I'd never seen it before.:ar15:

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    I ordered my 22 rifle from Walmart years ago. At that time (and possibly still today) they would beat any other price on special order firearms. I think they knocked $15 off of a $160 rifle. That being said, it took about 3 weeks to get it and it was a nightmare for the Walmart workers to find the gun in their stock. I had to keep checking in with them, because they couldn't notify me when it arrived. Hopefully that's all been streamlined by now but who knows.

AXE835

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    East central Indiana
    New Castle store just did a remodel bigger sporting goods section ALOT more ammo now ML back now too. Richmond store sells long guns ( at least the last time I was in there).

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Warsaw Super WalMart has rifles/shotguns as well as ML's. I've bought some from them myself usually as special order.

Been pricing a standard 10/22 Carbine locally. Looked at Gander in FW, WalMart in Warsaw, Big R in Wabash. And a local gunshop, LittleHawks. LH is ~ $3.00 more than WalMart (and the other stores). Probably going with him, besides, he's a nice guy. Of course, WalMart has a few guys in sproting goods that know their stuff, too.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    To everyone wanting to know about Avon, official word from my sister is they will be carrying firearms again. She checked last night and that's what the official word is.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    How much is Walmart charging for a 10/22? I just want a basic one, nothing fancy, at most I'd want a stainless barrel. Might be heading through Columbus soon and would stop at WM there to get a 10/22 depending on the price!

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    How much is Walmart charging for a 10/22? I just want a basic one, nothing fancy, at most I'd want a stainless barrel. Might be heading through Columbus soon and would stop at WM there to get a 10/22 depending on the price!

Don't know if this is true for all WalMarts, but in Warsaw, the basic 10/22 carbine was ~$216. That's the wood stock, black barrel and furniture. I think they had a balck synthetic stock/stainless barrel for ~$240 also. I think that was similar in prcie to the Big R that I was inover the weekend.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Don't know if this is true for all WalMarts, but in Warsaw, the basic 10/22 carbine was ~$216. That's the wood stock, black barrel and furniture. I think they had a balck synthetic stock/stainless barrel for ~$240 also. I think that was similar in prcie to the Big R that I was inover the weekend.

If that's the price then I think MC Sports in Bloomington would be my best bet, they were right around that price and a lot closer for me. Thanks!!!

Top Bottom