Any other Military Surplus rifle collectors out here?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    I'm a milsurp and older rifle collector. Mosin-Nagants are my main rifle at the moment. I'd get a Yugo Mauser because of my fascination with Soviet/Cold War memorabilia, but 8mm is getting scarce and I have no money. :):

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I went through a phase and found a few for not much money at all. Played with them for awhile. I couldnt help but flip them and made a great profit on them to feed my AR. Have come to appreciate the modern rifles so much.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Love all mine - asking which is favorite is like asking which child you love more! I have German Mausers, Turkish Mauser, Swedish Mauser, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine,Swiss K31, Enfield, Eddystone, Tokorov SVD 40, several Mosin Nagants, SKS's, AK, Nagant Revolver, TTC Romanian SA, Beretta 1935, Astra 400, probably others I don't recall at the moment. All are decent to excellent shooters - some I don't shoot much due to value.

Atlas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Love all mine - asking which is favorite is like asking which child you love more! I have German Mausers, Turkish Mauser, Swedish Mauser, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine,Swiss K31, Enfield, Eddystone, Tokorov SVD 40, several Mosin Nagants, SKS's, AK, Nagant Revolver, TTC Romanian SA, Beretta 1935, Astra 400, probably others I don't recall at the moment. All are decent to excellent shooters - some I don't shoot much due to value.

Awesome collection! I forget about my semi-autos like SKS's and AK's, as I consider those more "use" then "collect dust" rifles. But an SVT 40, I have been hoping to snag one of those myself, thanks for the reminder mate!

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Love my milsurps! Between my father and I we have a good collection of Finn mosins. Lots of mausers too, but the mosins are the most dear. I don't have very good pictures right now, I'll have to fix that! M28/30, m27 ski, several SA marked Remington's and Westinghouses, a p26 are among the favorites. The milsurps market used to be WAY cheaper in the late 90s.... Wish I could turn back the clock! Beautiful rifles guys!

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Love the milsurp.

Got a couple of MNs -- 91/30 and M44
    A Swiss K31.
    A SC M1903A3 and SA M1903A4
    And a bunch of Garands.

LarryHoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2011
    Did someone mention Finns?

8139839664_8746fd22ab.jpg

I love the Finn rifles! To realize the Finns stood up to Russia, not once but twice, and used improved Russian hardware only makes the story more compelling.

:ingo:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I forgot about my Finn (M39) in my original post! I must be slipping...

IMG_1679.jpg

This just came today from SOG - Chinese T53. I was going to flip it, but I think I may end up keeping it. I'll decide after I get it cleaned up. :)

IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Where do you shoot mate? I've been looking for an outdoor range for my bigger caliber.
    If you're in Indy, Atterbury is probably the closest place. 100 yards is their max, but they also have pistol lanes and a skeet/trap range as well. There are some longer range places up north that I'm sure some of the other folks can tell you about. :)

Atterbury: Atterbury Shooting Complex

racersden

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Evansville
    Hello

My M1's so far

M1 Garand H&R
    M1 Garand IHC 44604_ _
    M1 Garand IHC 45678_ _

Just added National Postal Meter M1 Carbine

Glen

Last edited:

BEBOATS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Paoli, Indiana
    Military Rifles

I've collected military rifles for several years now and dont really have avery special favorite but seems like I tend to go for the K98K Mausers
    and get one when I get the chance. I have one of all matching
    with the cleaning rod. Still don't have a M1 Garand but sure would like to get one. I now have 51 rifles and 1 P38. Started giving a few of them to my boys and grandchildren to make room for something I want more.

mosinfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Welcome aboard !!
    Some of these a bunch of those, a few of that.....:): Mosins speak loudest, but lately I am hearing the sweet siren song of the swedes again......:D

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I too have a few ... mostly WWII.

The Good ole US:
    Allied2012.jpg

The Allies:
    AlliedAO2012.jpg

The Axis:
    Axis2012.jpg

In May, I added a Eddystone Model of 1917 and I have my eye on a really nice Colt 1917 revolver in .45acp.

I'm still looking for a Chinese Mauser and a Norwegian Krag Jorgensen to complete the collection!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom