• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    I freely admit that I am a nerd when it comes to comics (particularly Marvel), video games, and low budget B-horror films from the 80's and a whole bunch of other stuff! Any fellow INGOer's fall into this category? If so, any of you up for a discussion on your particular fandoms?

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    Marvel comics, sci-fi, PC gaming, fine scale modeling, fantasy literature (Lord of the Rings, etc.).

I actually consider myself more of a geek than a nerd. Of course, geek is just a cooler version of a nerd. :p

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Marvel comics, sci-fi, PC gaming, fine scale modeling, fantasy literature (Lord of the Rings, etc.).

I actually consider myself more of a geek than a nerd. Of course, geek is just a cooler version of a nerd. :p

Lol. What's your favorite Marvel Comics character, sci-fi series, PC game and literature? And back when I was a kid I used to fanatically collect Gundam model kits!

Personally my favorites are Deadpool, Star Wars expanded universe (before NJO!), Crysis, and the Dresden Files!

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    Star Trek, Star Wars, and BSG. Love my Marvel comics, just went to the Derby City Comicon and picked up a bunch of cheap reads. Even met Larry Hama.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    Star Trek, Star Wars, and BSG. Love my Marvel comics, just went to the Derby City Comicon and picked up a bunch of cheap reads. Even met Larry Hama.

You know, I've never been to any sort of comic book, video game, or any type of sci-fi convention. I've always wanted to go to Gen-Con but every time it's in town I'm either busy or I don't realize till it's too damn late!

I've also never gotten into BSG. And not to start a SW vs. ST war, but I'ma Star Wars guy to the end!

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    You know, I've never been to any sort of comic book, video game, or any type of sci-fi convention. I've always wanted to go to Gen-Con but every time it's in town I'm either busy or I don't realize till it's too damn late!

I've also never gotten into BSG. And not to start a SW vs. ST war, but I'ma Star Wars guy to the end!

I have been to several cons, and it's a mixed bag. The "general" conventions can be hit or miss. Most of the larger ones I have attended have been pretty good. The one today was much better than I expected. Even with Fright Fest today (Bruce Campbell was there) and the NASCAR race turnout was pretty good. A friend of mine told me that last year it was so packed you could hardly turn around.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    I have been to several cons, and it's a mixed bag. The "general" conventions can be hit or miss. Most of the larger ones I have attended have been pretty good. The one today was much better than I expected. Even with Fright Fest today (Bruce Campbell was there) and the NASCAR race turnout was pretty good. A friend of mine told me that last year it was so packed you could hardly turn around.

Bruce Campbell is awesome! I've taken several semesters of Japanese at IUPUI, and several of the people I've met and befriended are into going to conventions and cosplaying. If I cosplayed I'd have to do it as either Deadpool, Boba Fett, or Hitler (just kidding. But can you imagine the looks I'd get being a black guy dressing up as Hitler?)

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    American Splendor

I'm a Subaru nerd-have the emblem tatt
    Halo-nerd- the O is the next tatt
    :ar15:-nerd
    Rocky Horror picture show-nerd-Lips "Dont Dream It Be It" tatt
    The list is long

Some may say I take it kinda far

I say if I can see i, it's not too far

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    American Splendor

I'm a Subaru nerd-have the emblem tatt
    Halo-nerd- the O is the next tatt
    :ar15:-nerd
    Rocky Horror picture show-nerd-Lips "Dont Dream It Be It" tatt
    The list is long

Some may say I take it kinda far

I say if I can see i, it's not too far

:+1: for Halo! You stoked about Halo 4 coming out? Personally I could care less about the gameplay, I care more about the story than anything else!

Top Bottom