• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Ok I finished rebuilding my driveshaft today. All new U-joints.

My front pinion angle is 7*, and front driveshaft is 8* now. I didn't notice any driveline vibrations, so I'm going to call it good.

I also had my tires balanced today at Brownsburg Firestone. One of my tires is bad, it's out of round. I have no idea how that happened.

Last edited:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Anybody know if there should be play in spider gears?

I have a jeep issue I need help with...it's difficult to explain, but I have this rattle/metallic playing card in bicycle spoke/vibration noise going on. It only happens less then 20 mph, accelerating upto 20mph or so, decelerating below 20 mph, and when I turn. Sometimes applying the brakes exaggerates this problem. It's not a clicking like you would describe, but it sounds like the jeep is going to come apart. No death wobble though.

Is it possible for spider gears in the d30 to cause my horrible noise? when a friend of mine and I got this thing back together, the ring and pinion seems good pre-load and backlash wise
    I do remember the spider gears having a bit of slop to them

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Can they? Sure, but I've never heard of it.

Sounds more like bearing noise. Jack up the front end and spin stuff by hand. See if you can pinpoint where it is coming from.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Some mother****er bastard stole tools out of my jeep and ripped cb radio from middle console... I hate thieves!

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    D8FFD7D6-A8E6-47A1-92D9-E9FE45E54BC5-4435-0000066BCFDE52BE_zpsebc3f027.jpg

Take notes jeepers...thats how a jeep is suppose to look!

Same day one of my friends had a casualty. She has a stock 05 LJ with 33k miles on it and somehow within 15 mins of horsing around, blew the coolant out and filled the system with mud and crap. Had to tow it back to brownsburg from attica. Guess who had to sit in the dead jeep? THIS GUY!

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Some mother****er bastard stole tools out of my jeep and ripped cb radio from middle console... I hate thieves!

Hah, one year they broke in my Cherokee and stole my radio and tore up the dash. The next year they broke in and stole some change (the radio was already gone).

doug1980

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Crestview, Florida
    I had a 2002 Wrangler while I was stationed in Alaska. Had some fun in the snow up there. Only had 31's, and a winch.

I now have a 1999 Grand Cherokee with 3" of lift on 33's. Much better for the whole family.

My wife has a 2007 Grand Cherokee as well. We love our Jeeps!

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I've got a red 2010 4WD Liberty. No pictures, because I'm not in love with it. I was in love with the RAV4 I had before the Jeep, but I had to get something big enough to pull a trailer.

But this is my RAV4. I gave it to my mom, so it's still in the family. I think people get a kick out of seeing an 80-year-old woman driving around in a car with flames on it.

rav.jpg

Top Bottom