• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, Currie's website doesn't say, but most 7/8" tie rods are 18 TPI. So, each turn is 1/18th of an inch, and a 1/4 turn (turning 90*) would be something like 1/72". Turning the tie-rod moves BOTH tires, so divide by 2 to give you approx. 1/36".

So, actually quite a bit. Total Toe on you TJ should be around 1/16" to 1/8".

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Is it a good idea to replace the clamp bolts with a smaller size in a Grade 8, so I can bypass that tie rod groove/channel and just spin the clamps around?

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Looking to buy a jeep cherokee, box style. I'm looking on Craigslist and determining what is out there and what I can afford to handle in regards to issues present for the price. Wasn't sure if I should start a different thread or ask here for tips or suggestions.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Looking to buy a jeep cherokee, box style. I'm looking on Craigslist and determining what is out there and what I can afford to handle in regards to issues present for the price. Wasn't sure if I should start a different thread or ask here for tips or suggestions.

I've seen many good ones go for sale on facebook....how much you looking to spend and what are some gotta-have's and would-like's?

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    97-99 is the best years. 00-01 have the 0331 head that has been problematic to some. Some are a fan of renix's (89-91 I think), others are not. I have a 99 personally. Look for oil leaks around the rear main seal, be aware that you should change transfer case and diff fluid because of miles.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I'll post up some xj's I see that may be worthwhile...let me know a price range.

Off hand, there's a nice looking Burgundy 1999 for $3750...rebuilt title but aside from a dent in passenger fender, body looks good. Only 96k original miles. I drive by it every day, I can take pictures and get info if you want...

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    Kinda what I'm going for is below. Black, lifted, cargo rack, possible winch, possible after market bumpers/brush guard.

00M0M_cPlCf22kX4X_600x450.jpg
    1999 jeep cherokee

worried about the mileage though and whether the price is good or could be better. I'd rather have a good runner first and then add my own accessories as I can afford them if something like this isn't a good idea.

Unobogus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Here's my new one. 1977 CJ7, 304 3-speed. I have a question for everyone. I only had this for about a month when it started making a bad noise, maybe the transmission? My question is how do I tell what model tranny I have? I wanted to think it was a T150, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have one of these that they want to get rid of? Thanks for any help.IMG_0336_zps6688d3b4.jpg

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    It should be stamped on the housing....take a wire brush that attaches to a drill/grinder and go over the whole transmission that you can reach, then spray it down with a cleaner, then wipe.

My front axle tag was coated so much so I cleaned it...now I can read it.

Top Bottom