• ...and so much more!
  • Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    weld that plate on all sides?

Its originally made to bolt onto several already existing holes in the front of your unibody, then attach to an aftermarket bumper. But if you are going to use it as a frame repair, Id definitely weld it and also weld a plate across the front of your frame that would also weld to the side of this. The more support, the better. Without seeing it in person though, its hard to really determine how I would go about it.

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    At what point does it stop being bumper support, and start being part of the chassis? Im suggesting using the plate as a repair piece for the frame, and adding additional support to it to basically make a new frame horn. Then the bumper can bolt through that. I dunno, I guess if they were gonna be that picky, Id just wheel with others. Seems to me welded on bumpers arent exactly abnormal. And id think they provide quite a bit more strength than bolts

bigbang

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Not to de-rail the thread as of late, but I'll be needing to replace my 2000 Cherokee Classsic which now has about 230k miles on it.
    Any "newer" jeep products going the long haul like these older ones, or are they disposable like most.
    I've been eyein the Patriots.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Not to de-rail the thread as of late, but I'll be needing to replace my 2000 Cherokee Classsic which now has about 230k miles on it.
    Any "newer" jeep products going the long haul like these older ones, or are they disposable like most.
    I've been eyein the Patriots.

I've heard of some Liberties hitting high mileage without too much issue. Don't know the years, though.

Find one of the Diesel Liberties. That little Mercedes diesel should run forever.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I've heard of some Liberties hitting high mileage without too much issue. Don't know the years, though.

Find one of the Diesel Liberties. That little Mercedes diesel should run forever.

One in Columbus, text me at 812-929-9396 if you want the number

bigbang

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013

I know 2 people with them. The motor is great, however the rest of the drive train has been VERY problematic.

I actually did pick up another 1999 4.0 cherokee sport about a year ago. Had 110k which is now up to 130k.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    My hunting bud runs a CRD Liberty. He goes grouse hunting in Wis a couple times a yr.
    He had sway bar bushings go bad, and a window regulator, that's all. Bought it new, I'll check total miles when we take it yoting this weekend.

It's been pretty good, but man I hate the way it sounds.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    My hunting bud runs a CRD Liberty. He goes grouse hunting in Wis a couple times a yr.
    He had sway bar bushings go bad, and a window regulator, that's all. Bought it new, I'll check total miles when we take it yoting this weekend.

It's been pretty good, but man I hate the way it sounds.

indeed...4.0L sounds better

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Got all the stuff off my old race ZJ swapped onto my new trail ZJ, and I do believe it is wheel-able now. Still got a lot more to do (bumpers, lights, winch, armor, cage, yadda yadda yadda), but it should be to a good enough point to go play a bit. Our group is headed up to Bundy Hill Offroad in Michigan this Saturday for a day trip. See how she does!

trailgunnersnow_zps9450bf1c.jpg

Top Bottom