• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    It’s a 2015. Got a really good deal on it. It’s hard for me to say, but getting 2 babies in a TJ just doesn’t work. And I won’t be without a Jeep :)

It has 285/70/17’s on it. I’m not sure if I want to keep the size, or go to 35’s. Gearing is 3.73, and it’s about perfect for 33’s, 285/70/17. But, 35’s would be awesome.

Also not sure if I want to do a leveling kit, or a 2.5” lift.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    It’s a 2015. Got a really good deal on it. It’s hard for me to say, but getting 2 babies in a TJ just doesn’t work. And I won’t be without a Jeep :)

It has 285/70/17’s on it. I’m not sure if I want to keep the size, or go to 35’s. Gearing is 3.73, and it’s about perfect for 33’s, 285/70/17. But, 35’s would be awesome.

Also not sure if I want to do a leveling kit, or a 2.5” lift.
    That pic shows you have at LEAST a foot a clearance into the garage. I'd go for the lift and 35's. :D

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Soooo I bought this.

2XlfXbc.jpg

Nice! That is my all time favorite color on a Jeep. Congrats!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    We'll need some pics of it when you get a chance!

Well, you're in luck. One thing about the "Sting Gray" color is that the way it looks always depends on how the sun is hitting it. A couple of these pictures were taken by the dealer and a couple were from me, but I'm happy with it so far. The key on this thing is an absolute brick. As soon as there's a way to swap it out for something smaller I'm all over it. The 2018 JL also has what I consider to be a "two button" push start. One button starts the engine, the second button turns off the engines autoshutoff feature so you don't hear & feel your engine stop and start every time you're driving and come to a stop. Wow, that's annoy and it'll only be a matter of time before someone gets a way around that figured out.

8YZMxJh.jpg

Ffow13i.jpg

7aoNt4D.jpg

O9y1Bxy.jpg

UoLFtlV.jpg

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Well, you're in luck. One thing about the "Sting Gray" color is that the way it looks always depends on how the sun is hitting it. A couple of these pictures were taken by the dealer and a couple were from me, but I'm happy with it so far. The key on this thing is an absolute brick. As soon as there's a way to swap it out for something smaller I'm all over it. The 2018 JL also has what I consider to be a "two button" push start. One button starts the engine, the second button turns off the engines autoshutoff feature so you don't hear & feel your engine stop and start every time you're driving and come to a stop. Wow, that's annoy and it'll only be a matter of time before someone gets a way around that figured out.

8YZMxJh.jpg

Ffow13i.jpg

7aoNt4D.jpg

O9y1Bxy.jpg

UoLFtlV.jpg

Love that color! Great looking Jeep! I bought Zautomotive's Tazer JL programmer. First thing I did was kill the ESS, so I no longer have to hit that button. It also adjusts for tire size, TPMS, allows navigation input while moving, and lots of other things. It doesn't shrink the key fob, though. Lol!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Love that color! Great looking Jeep! I bought Zautomotive's Tazer JL programmer. First thing I did was kill the ESS, so I no longer have to hit that button. It also adjusts for tire size, TPMS, allows navigation input while moving, and lots of other things. It doesn't shrink the key fob, though. Lol!

I've read about those. For the time being I'm just using the two button start method. I'm really having a hard time getting used to not putting a key in and turning it let alone a two button start. It's definitely a little weird going from a crew cab to a little wrangler, but it sure is nice to park in a parking garage.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Had a different kind of fun with the Jeeps last night. We took both of them to the Tibbs Drive-in to see Jurassic World. Had a blast, and then a nice ride home with the top down and clear, starry night with a full moon overhead.
    DQFiVvP.jpg
    AzucWlI.jpg
    2C6T47h.jpg

7odgzb0.jpg

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It’s a 2015. Got a really good deal on it. It’s hard for me to say, but getting 2 babies in a TJ just doesn’t work. And I won’t be without a Jeep :)It has 285/70/17’s on it. I’m not sure if I want to keep the size, or go to 35’s. Gearing is 3.73, and it’s about perfect for 33’s, 285/70/17. But, 35’s would be awesome.Also not sure if I want to do a leveling kit, or a 2.5” lift.
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but Rubicon’s come standard with 4.11 Rock Trac do they not?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Front bumpers for a JKU. Do you guys prefer the winch recessed into the bumper? Or the bumper riding on top?

I have both and there are advantages to both. My JK's winch is on top of the bumper, whereas the JL's is recessed inside. The on-bumper winch is up higher and is less likely to be submerged in water or mud. The recessed winch does a better job of keeping the sun and its UV rays off my synthetic rope. In my mind, the recessed winch interferes less with cooling, but honestly, I've never seen my JK's temperature spike, even when crawling in desert heat.

Overall, I think it is a wash. I slightly prefer the cleaner look of it being recessed.

I'd love to hear other thoughts on it. I have really only had to use my winches for pulling others out. I've only had to pull myself out of trouble a couple of times, so someone who's used theirs more might have some experiences that show advantages or disadvantages to one or the other.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but Rubicon’s come standard with 4.11 Rock Trac do they not?

I have both and there are advantages to both. My JK's winch is on top of the bumper, whereas the JL's is recessed inside. The on-bumper winch is up higher and is less likely to be submerged in water or mud. The recessed winch does a better job of keeping the sun and its UV rays off my synthetic rope. In my mind, the recessed winch interferes less with cooling, but honestly, I've never seen my JK's temperature spike, even when crawling in desert heat.

Overall, I think it is a wash. I slightly prefer the cleaner look of it being recessed.

I'd love to hear other thoughts on it. I have really only had to use my winches for pulling others out. I've only had to pull myself out of trouble a couple of times, so someone who's used theirs more might have some experiences that show advantages or disadvantages to one or the other.

I’m looking at bumpers. And I’m trying to decide what I want. Full width or grill width (stubby). Winch mounted on top, or recessed inside.

Bad thing is, I’d have to relocate the vacuum pump. Plus depending on the winch, minor frame trimming may be needed. Not sure I want to do that.

Top Bottom