• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Well, I'll be. Looks like JK Rubi's had 3.73 standard there at the end, and 4.10s optional. Fiat must of had a few pallets of 3.73s to use up!

Still better then the 3.21s in the other models.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Any reason why I’ll ever have to remove the grill? With the winch sitting on top of the bumper, it would make it difficult to remove.

I’m trying to decide which would look better. Performance wise, I don’t think there would be a huge difference. On the Jeep forums, guys do tend to think a recessed winch has a cleaner look. Other guys don’t like the idea of relocating the vacuum pump, and notching/trimming the frame.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Any reason why I’ll ever have to remove the grill? With the winch sitting on top of the bumper, it would make it difficult to remove.

I’m trying to decide which would look better. Performance wise, I don’t think there would be a huge difference. On the Jeep forums, guys do tend to think a recessed winch has a cleaner look. Other guys don’t like the idea of relocating the vacuum pump, and notching/trimming the frame.
    Well, I am SURE you will want an "angry" grill in the future!

moving the pump isn't a huge deal. Trimming the frame is a little more permanent. I, personally, like the recessed look. But, I've never done it myself.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Well, I am SURE you will want an "angry" grill in the future!

moving the pump isn't a huge deal. Trimming the frame is a little more permanent. I, personally, like the recessed look. But, I've never done it myself.

Yuck on the angry grill.

I think you should put a winch and bumper on your wife’s JKU. And then tell me how difficult it was :)

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg

On the old 3.8 Wranglers and new JL, there is no need to notch/trim or move a vacuum pump. Well, let me walk back just a little...I think the Warn Zeon requires a tiny bit of trimming on the new JL. I went with a Smittybilt XRC9500 and there was room to spare. I think the 3.6 powered JK's, 2012 to 2018, were the ones requiring some stuff to be moved around for a recessed mount.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg

I would have to loosen or take off the winch to get the grille off my JK. I can bend it back a little, if I need to get at something without full removal. That's another drawback to the on-bumper mount. My JL's grille would not require any messing with the winch to get it off.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    m7DiKOz.jpg

I dunno if it’s too large or not. But I really like that bumper. It’s also aluminum.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've been looking at this bumper for my JL: https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricade-adventure-hd-front-bumper-2018-jl.html

The biggest reason I like it is the extra bars across the front of the bumper for tying down kayaks that'll be sitting on a roof rack that I also need to buy at some point.

Besides reading reviews online, which can be manipulated, I have no real experience knowing who are the good brands of jeep accessories and what is just junk. I'm not looking to buy parts to "look" the part, I'm looking for function.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I've been looking at this bumper for my JL: https://www.extremeterrain.com/barricade-adventure-hd-front-bumper-2018-jl.html

The biggest reason I like it is the extra bars across the front of the bumper for tying down kayaks that'll be sitting on a roof rack that I also need to buy at some point.

Besides reading reviews online, which can be manipulated, I have no real experience knowing who are the good brands of jeep accessories and what is just junk. I'm not looking to buy parts to "look" the part, I'm looking for function.

Great looking bumper! I've bought a number of things through Extreme Terrain and found their customer service to be solid.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Anyone put any IR lights on their Jeep so they can drive at night using night vision? Just asking for a friend.

Top Bottom