• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    dang nice pics and set up Sheepdog!!!!! I think I'd seriously consider getting a darker tint or mirrored tint on the back windows; or put some type of cover over the AR , even though that AR is locked some idiot would still probably break in and walk off with some of the accessories.

It's actually pretty deeply tinted thankfully, but I've also thought about a cover of some sort. :)

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Sheepdog, I like your set up. What I'm going to build is a stealthier idea. It will be a lot like the truck vault, but not as high. And not $1,300!
    TruckVault - Products for Jeep Wrangler

Jeep_2014_WranglerUnlimited_285.jpg

The picture shows a pull out table with a set of drawers. My build will turn the table into the drawer.

Hopefully...

Worst case scenario? I get a metal brake. :D

Last edited:

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    Sheepdog, I like your set up. What I'm going to build is a stealthier idea. It will be a lot like the truck vault, but not as high. And not $1,300!
    TruckVault - Products for Jeep Wrangler

Jeep_2014_WranglerUnlimited_285.jpg

The picture shows a pull out table with a set of drawers. My build will turn the table into the drawer.

Hopefully...

Worst case scenario? I get a metal brake. :D

Very nice! Question for you.... I assume the in-floor subwoofer came as standard equipment on the HR edition. If so, do you think it would distort the sound?

Mine is a Willys, and I opted out of the subwoofer because I wanted the hidden storage capability. Besides, how loud can you really listen to southern gospel anyhow? :):

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The sub woofer is going to find a new home. My plan is to build it into the box but move it as close to the back of the rear seat as possible. If that doesn't work, I'll disconnect it. Truck vault builds their drawers with sub woofer accommodations, but I'm not paying to find out how they do it.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    There are 3 really nice, clean lifted ones over at the Ford dealership in Brownsburg. Only $40,000. Tell your wife you NEED it before the adoption goes through. That'll work for sure....

I keep telling my wife that the baby would much prefer to ride in a 4-door wrangler or even a nice truck. Hasn't worked yet...

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So, my wife is getting serious about trading in her Saturn Vue for a used Jeep Wrangler 4-door (JKU). Probably after Christmas sometime. It won't be anything crazy, since it will be her daily driver. But, I'd like to add some organization and secure storage to the interior. I've seen a bunch of the commercially available interior racks and boxes/drawers for the rear. I don't want to use up all of that space, though. What I would LOVE to find is some sort of 1/2 rack that would mount on the driver's side. It would give me more vertical space for small things (a cooler, her GHB, etc...) and then have space below for a 1/2 width locking drawer. This leaves the other 1/2 of the cargo area free for something tall, and we could still fold down 1/2 of the seat for something long.

Anyone seen this setup for a JKU?

I've not seen a 1/2 box OR a 1/2 rack. I may end up needing to built it, or piece it together.

We'll be getting lots of storage in this vehicle. I am TIRED of not having good, secure storage in my TJ or her Saturn. It'll get a locking glove box door, locking center console, and at least 2 under-seat drawers. Back-of-seat pockets, too, if those aren't factory (that's where the maps and umbrellas live). Maybe a roof rack for the canoe.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Probably be a 13 or 14 model year. Lots of them coming off lease about now. She wants a pretty basic model, too. Black flares and black top, rather than painted. Nothing flashy. Her only request is a built-in nav system. I may have to add that for her, along with all of MY wants. ;)

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Probably be a 13 or 14 model year. Lots of them coming off lease about now. She wants a pretty basic model, too. Black flares and black top, rather than painted. Nothing flashy. Her only request is a built-in nav system. I may have to add that for her, along with all of MY wants. ;)

Check and see what an employee discount will get you over a used. I know someone who can get you one. ;)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Like a 2" OME suspension so you don't have to run the pizza cutters?
    Probably just a leveling kit or short spacers. She is too short for much of a lift, as is my daughter. This is daily transportation, so has to be easy for them. No more climbing that absolutely necessary. Besides, you can sneak in a 33" or so tire pretty easily with just a set of spacers.

Oh, and I forget, she insists on side-steps, too.

Check and see what an employee discount will get you over a used. I know someone who can get you one. ;)
    Oh REALLY?!?! Hmmm. I'll have to keep that in mind. Maybe not for HER, but I am most definitely getting the JK-based truck (Gladiator? Scrambler?) the moment it comes out!

Still can't find the box/rack I want.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I took my XJ over to my in laws last week, I drive it two times a month unless I need it (snow normally). I am going to put a trickle charger on it and keep it in there for winter. If we get over 10" of snow, it will come out. Below that, I can drive my wifes SUV since she won't be going back to work until March or so.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm not sure how they figure it. I do know it's based on the vehicle. I got almost $5,000 off the sticker.

Also, the employee price doesn't affect incentives, but you'll rarely see those on wranglers.
    Right now, with incentives and employee price, you can get close to 10k off certain 2015 ram trucks.

Top Bottom