• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I'm going to head down to Windrock in Tennessee after Thanksgiving for some wheeling next Saturday. I'm meeting a couple buddies with Jeeps down there. I've ridden there on ATV's, but haven't done much with the Jeep trails beyond a short drive up the mountain for sightseeing. Anyone done any Jeep trails there?

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I told the wife that it would be cool to get a truck next spring...she didn't opposed the idea and was thinking dodge or ford....

...I was thinking m715. We'll see.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Principal Skinr let us know how Tennessee was and hope you have fun!!!!!

Trails 26 and 27 at Windrock were a BLAST! I'm shocked I didn't rub the skids on a couple of rocky parts on trail 27. It was a bit wet, so there was a little sliding on some of the rocks, but once again, I'm really impressed with the way the KM2's grab and hold even in the most slippery conditions. My buddy's Duratracs seemed to perform extremely well, too. He has no lift at all and barely bumped bottom, too. I think he caught his side steps a couple times, but nothing major. He did get a nasty dent in his upper B-pillar and driver side door when a guy in a Razr tried to squeeze by him without stopping to think. After denting the Jeep, he then took off. Outside of that, it was just a fantastic day.

I wish we had another day down there. Next time I go, I'll plan on 2 days at Windrock, for sure. I didn't take many pics, but I'll try to post a couple up here when I get a chance.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Nice, I can't make up my mind about what color I want to paint mine. Right now I'm thinking white, I'm liking the white/black storm trooper contrast haha.

It kills me that it has that many miles. I remember it only had 112 miles when I bought it.

I really like the white and black theme. But I love that new color blue on the JK's.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I got my first Jeep ever about 2-3 months ago. I'll try to post pics in a day or so.

It is a black TJ with a 4.0 and 5 speed.

Things that I have just done to it:

-3" suspension lift along with all the other stuff nobody tells you about to make it right
    -33x12.50 tires
    -pro comp black aluminum wheels (even the spare)
    -steering stabilizer
    -went from 3.07 to 4.56 gears
    -posi unit in rear
    -replaced center dash panel with new custom panel to allow double din touch screen receiver installation
    -installed all new (boston audio) speakers in dash and sound bar
    -installed infinity tweeters in windshield pillar area
    -amp and small 10" sub
    -side steps/ nerf bars

-The guy before me installed a larger throttle body, flow master exhaust, K&N filter set-up, and hitch.

I think I'm about finished doing what I want to do to it other than maybe:
    -Better front brake pads and discs
    -rock crawler style front bumper
    -Smittybilt 9500 lb synthetic rope winch (only reason I want the synthetic is because I like the flush mount look of the aluminum hawse fairleads)

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I picked up my Jeep today.

2016 Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock edition.
    20151213_120313_1.jpg

Last edited:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Ground down the spot welds on my XJ, cleaned and painted the inner frame rail with Eastwood rust encapsulator on the passenger side before winter and sprayed the welding area with Copperweld primer. Nice day for it. Will weld in the new floor come spring maybe. Might hold off on the welding to be able to get to the inner welded nuts on the suspension. Want to put on new springs in the rear.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I think my first modification is going to be a pull out drawer for the back. I've been looking, but nothing fits my wish list (four inches tall) and they're ridiculously expensive. So, I guess I'll make my own.

Sheepdog Gear

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Jasper County
    I think my first modification is going to be a pull out drawer for the back. I've been looking, but nothing fits my wish list (four inches tall) and they're ridiculously expensive. So, I guess I'll make my own.

Before you settle, check out these side racks from Springtail. They are AWESOME!

Another worthy mod....

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    dang nice pics and set up Sheepdog!!!!! I think I'd seriously consider getting a darker tint or mirrored tint on the back windows; or put some type of cover over the AR , even though that AR is locked some idiot would still probably break in and walk off with some of the accessories.

Top Bottom