• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'd prefer to just have it done at firestone in Brownsburg, and hit walmart to get my groceries while they do it. But the last time I went, there was one tire they couldn't do. I had to drive all the way to 4WP and they fixed it no problem.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I'd prefer to just have it done at firestone in Brownsburg, and hit walmart to get my groceries while they do it. But the last time I went, there was one tire they couldn't do. I had to drive all the way to 4WP and they fixed it no problem.

I didn't get any productive feedback from my friend. Why couldnt they do it?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Avon Disount Tire worked me in for 10:30 on Friday. We'll see if they are any good :)

Let us know how it goes. I did mine as a walk in about a week ago Monday at lunch time and was in and out rather quickly. I probably missed it in this thread, but what size tires are you running?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Well, I had my tires balanced at Discount Tire in Avon today. They did excellent work. And was very fast. From now on, they will receive all my tire business.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Well, I had my tires balanced at Discount Tire in Avon today. They did excellent work. And was very fast. From now on, they will receive all my tire business.

Good to hear it. Discount Tire is highly regarded on the 4 wheel drive related forum I am a member of, and they even actively participate there as a sponsor.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Good to hear it. Discount Tire is highly regarded on the 4 wheel drive related forum I am a member of, and they even actively participate there as a sponsor.

I've bought all my tires at Discount Tire in the last 20 or so years. They are GTG. I've used the Avon store since they opened, and those guys are on it. The Plainfield store is good, too. Several Jeep guys work at these stores and there's one at the Avon sore that has a pretty nicely built TJ, IIRC.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Well, Saturday my younger brother and I drove my jeep to the Badlands. We dropped the top, took the doors off, and made the trip there. It was a spur of the moment kind of thing.

Surprisingly, they wasn't THAT busy. It has been a long time since I have been there. So we just drove around, pointing out all the changes. And we had a lot of fun watching everyone else ride thru the mud pits.

I say mud puts because it was very muddy there. And since we didn't have the doors, I really didn't want to drive thru all that mud and water to hit the good trails.

I wasn't able to get any pictures, but I am definetetly heading back there when things dry out.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    Well, Saturday my younger brother and I drove my jeep to the Badlands. We dropped the top, took the doors off, and made the trip there. It was a spur of the moment kind of thing.

Surprisingly, they wasn't THAT busy. It has been a long time since I have been there. So we just drove around, pointing out all the changes. And we had a lot of fun watching everyone else ride thru the mud pits.

I say mud puts because it was very muddy there. And since we didn't have the doors, I really didn't want to drive thru all that mud and water to hit the good trails.

I wasn't able to get any pictures, but I am definetetly heading back there when things dry out.

Sweet. You should have done some real trails. Go big or go home, as you said upthread. :-) If I ever get my Jeep back together I'd like to hit some trails with some of you who post in this thread.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Sweet. You should have done some real trails. Go big or go home, as you said upthread. :-) If I ever get my Jeep back together I'd like to hit some trails with some of you who post in this thread.

Oh I will be. I just really didn't want to get all that mud inside my jeep. I should have planned it out better.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    Hey Jeepers. I am thinking about buying a jeep. Possibly a 2001 Jeep Wrangler sport with a 4.0. I have never had a jeep before but I get the idea that the frames are very susceptible to rust from the inside out. I am wondering if anyone can give me some tips are on the best way to inspect the frame and other areas of the jeep for major rust problems. Are there particular spots that are really bad areas and what is the best way to inspect those areas?

This jeep would be a third vehicle for me but still I want it to be pretty good. I don't mind working on it but I don't want to buy a frame problem - that's over the top for what I am looking for. This jeep will go up to my cabin in Northern Wisconsin to be used for driving on the fire roads in summer and winter as well as just driving around while I am up there. I want something fun and capable that does not have major issues or look like total junk.

So any tips that you can give me on things to watch out for or particular models that are better than others or models to steer away from. Standard trans is fine, 4x4 a must, I think I would like a 6 cylinder (will probably pull my small boat). I don't need a lifted jeep. I just want something I can use when hunting or driving around in the warmer month (lol) up there. I don't want to have to worry about small branches rubbing on my car when traveling the fire roads.

Top Bottom