Any INGOers looking for the ultimate AK-74 variant??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Well, you're in luck! and its LOCAL!!!!!!!

Horse is selling his AK-105 in the forsale section here.

Well what is an AK-105 you ask? Its an AK-74 variant made by the Russians with a 12" barrel. Its pretty much impossible to find the real parts to build a true russian, so most will build one from parts kits, and the one Horse is selling is built from a Bulgarian kit, which is a top tier country for AKs.

IMO the AK-105 is the ULTIMATE AK-74 style rifle. The 12" barrel is the ultimate combination of maneuverable and compact while maintaining good bullet velocity and accuracy. PLUS the standard gas system combined with the shorter barrel makes this one of the softest shooting 74s out there. You think 74s are easy to shoot, you haven't seen anything yet if you haven't shot a 12" version. They are buttery smooth with hardly any muzzle flip!

If I didn't already have one, for the price he is asking I would snatch this thing up like NOW.

Check it out:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns_rifles_and_shotguns/225049-ak_105_a.html

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    If I didn't want to do the exact same thing to a SLR107CR for a AK-104, I would go for it!

Horse is a great guy to deal with in general too and it sounds like whoever buys it will be supporting RS Regulate at the same time.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    oh yeah, and I forgot the most important part.

IF I could choose ONLY ONE AK........ an AK-105 would be it. ;)

I fell in love with Shooter521's at NFA day a few years ago, and couldn't be without one now.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    So this is an SBR then?

No, he has a pinned on extended 4 piece Bulgarian style muzzle device that makes it just over 16"

One nice thing about that device is that you can take out the interior cone and allow for some muzzle scrubbing, something really hard to do with a traditional pinned on device. Exactly what I want to do with the SLR107CR.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Do I want a car or an AK-105? :(
    If you get a car, it will have a backseat. If you have a backseat, you will USE the backseat, assuming you're ever old enough to drive and can find a non-inflatable girl who will talk to you. If you use the backseat, you'll get her pregnant and be married by 17. If you're married with bratty twins at 17.5, you'll drop out of school and work at a convenience store for the rest of your life, which will end when you're killed and eaten in a late-night, bath-salt-fueled cheetos holdup. Don't be killed and eaten in a late-night bath-salt-fueled cheetos holdup -- buy the AK.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    If you get a car, it will have a backseat. If you have a backseat, you will USE the backseat, assuming you're ever old enough to drive and can find a non-inflatable girl who will talk to you. If you use the backseat, you'll get her pregnant and be married by 17. If you're married with bratty twins at 17.5, you'll drop out of school and work at a convenience store for the rest of your life, which will end when you're killed and eaten in a late-night, bath-salt-fueled cheetos holdup. Don't be killed and eaten in a late-night bath-salt-fueled cheetos holdup -- buy the AK.

Makes sense. Gonna do some talking with dad then.

starbreather

Master
    Rating - 95.3%
    61   3   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    exiting stage left!
    logically sound

just can't argue with that logic...

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I had a really hard time not running down to the bank and buying that rifle when I first saw the ad. It makes it even harder that it's located in my town. I have always wanted a 105 :smileak:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Im pretty sure that is considered a booster to help keep pressure in the shorter barreled rifles. Its not really 'correct' for that rifle, but it does look good.

bladeup

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Ok, so is thag the true "4 piece"? I thought the true 4 piece was much shorter. I can't have FH in my state

Top Bottom